Saturday, March 01, 2008

A little Blessing

I had to share something really nice that happened today. It was about 5:30 this afternoon and I received a phone call. It was my neighbors mom calling. She ask me if I home schooled and I told her that I did. She then told me that she was on her way home when she passed by this really nice house and the people had several things at the road with a sign that said Free. She said that she stopped and looked and got several things and that there were two boxes of Abeka items. I got excited and decided I would go look. This was about 15 minutes from my house. I did not know if anything would be there when I got there and I also knew it was getting dark fast. I got there and just by passing by I would not have stopped because I would not of thought it would have been anything that I needed. Let me tell you it was wonderful. I got two boxes of Abeka items. There were readers in there that was like brand new. There were student books and test books. There is just to much to name. Several things was for 5th grade and 6th grade so that is very nice. I will try and take a picture and show you the stuff later. Some of the student books had some writing in them, but I can always erase that. Some only had like a couple of lesson done it them. I got a nice Abeka Art book for Courtney. I was so thankful that I got this stuff. It was truly a blessing to receive.
I feel bad for some of my friends that missed this. I heard that Riley had a birthday party and quite a few homeschool moms passed right by this house and did not stop. If they only knew the gold inside those boxes then they would have stopped. I also got a blue willow cup. There was still a few boxes with things in it, but it was getting dark and it was hard to see. I was just happy to get the Abeka stuff.

3 comments:

Denna said...

Anonymous Lauderdale Florida or Ashville North Carolina....
....Real Cute....but I don't post to many Anonymous comments. Sorry:)

Sonya said...

WOW! That is wonderful!!!

mommy24treasures said...

thats great Denna!

When I mopped Sat morning I thought of your dust;)