Saturday, March 15, 2008

Scary Moment

Last night I kept Lori's two girls. All of the children was having fun. Annie and Brooke had coughs and was ready for bed early. They changed their mind when they found out the big girls was getting brownies.
I have told my girls many times not to run in the house. They seem to forget that when they are wanting to play hide and seek and tag. The inside is not a place for running. Last night they was running. Everything happened so fast, that I really don't know what happened. I was at my computer. Out of the corner of my eye I saw this figure that looked like it was flying. Then I heard a terrible BAM. It sounded like a gun went off. At first I thought it was Annie, until I heard the cry. The cry was not the normal cry that I was used to hearing. This cry was like a child in terrible pain. This cry was so scary that it would have gave you chills. This was a cry I have never heard with Brooke. I grabbed her up. I did not know where she was hurt, but I knew she was hurt bad from the sound she was making. I felt her head. There was a HUGE knot on the back of it. It felt like the size of a golf ball. I totally freaked. I wish so bad I could stay more calm. I think being married to somebody in the medical field makes me get more upset about things. Kevin has told me so many scary things that has happened in the ER and Hospital that I always think the worse. My first thought was that Brooke was going to have a brain bleed. I was shaken so bad that I could not really look at the head. I called my parents to pray. I then called my Pastor to pray for Brooke. My Pastor could hear Brooke screaming. He prayed for Brooke. About a minute after he prayed, Brooke calmed down, and was very still. I was able to stop shaken and look at the head. I did not see any blood, but the knot was terrible. The knot did go down a little bit after my Pastor prayed. I called Kevin and he said to keep her awake for awhile. That was hard to do, because I had just gave Brooke and Annie cough medicine because of their cough. This all happened at 10:00. I was able to keep Brooke awake until about 12:00. She would cry from time to time and say her head hurt. I put her in my bed so I could check her during the night. I would reach over and touch her head and the knot did not seem to be going down any more. Brooke would cry out in her sleep and say "Ouch." I knew she was hurting. She woke up this morning crying with a headache. After she got up and played she has done better.
I did not hardly get any sleep. I was so worried about Brooke. Also the little girl,(Annie) that I was keeping was coughing so much that I was worried about her. She had almost 101 fever. I kept waking up and going to check on her to make sure she was breathing. She is four, but I was still so worried about her. I could not call Annie's parents because Lori was still in the hospital. I got up so many times last night that I lost count. I finally gave Annie some prescription cough syrup that we had here. She slept pretty good from 4:00 to about 7:00. I still could not sleep from worrying about Brooke and Annie.
I just took Annie to her grandmothers, so I think I am going to take a nap if Brooke will take one.

4 comments:

AmyO said...

I hope Brooke is doing ok! So far Olivia hasn't hurt herself badly, so I'm not sure how I would react either. On Tue she had a 102 fever & I was almost in tears!

mommy24treasures said...

I am glad Brooke is ok. I am sorry for your scare.

Melanie said...

oh, Denna. I'm glad Brooke is ok!!I can imagine how scared you were. Give her extra hugs from me,
Melanie

LucisMomma said...

Oh my Goodness! You have more happen at your house. That sounds so scary.

How is Brooke today? Praying for her, and for you to get some sleep.

Also, praying for Lori.