Friday, July 07, 2006

Wreck

My dad with Brooke. Brooke loves my dad.
BIG ORANGE MACHINE
The side of the trailer

My dad retired from his job several years ago. My dad is the type that hates to stay still. (I guess that is where Courtney got her wiggles from) My dad started a lawn service several years ago. He has always been the giving type. He rather do for others than have them do for him. My dad is a kind and compassionate man. Many times he has cut somebody's grass and not charged them. Many times somebody has been sick, or had sickness in the family and my dad will go mow their grass for them. Many times somebody will call and say I need my grass mowed for this reason or that, and daddy is there to mow it, and not charge them. I have known of several people who have gone out of town to come back home and find their grass mowed. My dad is just made up that way. My dad had rather give somebody something than for somebody to give to him. I have always admired that about my dad. There is some people who are so stingy that they would charge you a arm and leg to do something for them. There is also those who if they get something for you they will make sure you pay the whole amount. I mean the tax is included. I don't care if it is $10.04. You are GOING to pay them the four cents. My dad is nothing like that. He is more the type to say "Oh keep the change. You don't owe me anything" I take after my dad along those lines. Anyway leading up to today's post. My dad was going to mow this mans yard today. The man had got hurt awhile back and dad was going to mow for free for him. Dad is driving down the road and he sees this car coming up pretty fast behind him. He decides to put his turn signal on in plenty of time. Well the lady ended up hitting my dad. Dad had his trailer hooked to his truck. He also had his BIG ORANGE machine (kubota) on the trailer. Dads trailer turned side ways and smacks his truck. His Kabota is thrown to the back of the trailer. God was good to my dad and spared him from getting hurt bad. It could have been so much worse. Dads knee is hurting him, but other than that he is O.K. The lady was hurt pretty bad. Dad said her face was covered in blood and her arm was broke. She may be hurt worse than that we don't know. I am thankful for insurance. The lady has insurance so it should cover everything. My dads trailer is totaled. Both sides of the trailer got damaged. I thank God for watching over my dad. I believe God took into consideration, my dad's life. The road that the wreck happened on is terrible for wrecks and deaths. I get chills thinking of what could have happened. One second later the lady would have hit my dad in the side as he was turning. The pictures I took of my dads truck did not turn out that good. The side got dented from the trailer, but nothing major. I failed to mention dad had a large thing of diesel fuel on the trailer also.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

BUMMER!

Anonymous said...

Glad he's OK. I too have benefited from his mowing expertise. It also is helpful to live next door to somebody who got sick, because your dad just decided to throw in my yard for free while he was mowing my neighbor's. And I wasn't even sick!