Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Perky kisses

Give me a kiss
Perky is whispering sweet nothings to Courtney.

Uh Oh!!!! Caden is going to be jealous.


We bought Perky 3 years ago. I gave $19.00 for this beautiful bird. I would not take a thousand dollars for him now. (Kevin says he better not be around if somebody offers that) He is teasing, He loves Perky also. You might think that is crazy not to take $1000.00 for a bird, but I don't think it is crazy. Perky is not just any bird. Perky is a sweet kind bird who loves to chatter. (just like Courtney and Leah) Most parakeets don't talk, but our parakeet says everything. You can understand him very well. He says " give me sugars, what cha doing, pretty bird, tell me something, love you court, cracker, and Come here Brooke." I am sure he says more, but these are his favorite things to say. Perky loves to play ball. Before Brooke came home we would spends days playing with Perky. We would let Perky out of his cage and throw the ball in the floor and he would roll it back to us. Everyday I would talk to him and play with him. I have not done that much since we have had Brooke. Brooke loves Perky and will go up to the cage almost everyday and try to put her finger in. I have always worried that he would bite her finger, but he does good with her. He don't usually bite, but if he is not used to you then he will nip you if he thinks you are trying to take him. Yesterday I got Perky on my hand and let Brooke play with him some. She was to scared to let him on her finger, but she did let him give her sugars. Brooke thought it was so funny to see the bird give me sugars. She laughed. I told her to give the bird sugars and she puckered up and Perky kissed her right in the lips. Of course Brooke thought that was really funny. Perky is our favorite pet. The latest thing Perky says is "Come here Brooke" I guess I say that a lot.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

How cool is that!!!! LOVE the pics!!

Sonya