Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Update on sick girls

We took Courtney to the Dr. to see what was going on with her. Courtney has lost 5 pounds in two weeks and just has no energy. She had huge knots in her neck. Her Doctor thought that she might have Mono. He tested her for that and it was fine. I have to tell a little story about that. As I told you before Courtney is a prayer warrior . Well Courtney did not want to be stuck with a needle. She was crying and very upset. The nurse was going to prick her finger and Courtney was like "Wait. Please wait" The nurse was like "We can't wait. Lets go ahead." Courtney is crying and pulling her hand away and she says " Wait I want them to pray first" She did not only say it, she screamed it. I was holding her and telling her it was O.K. She was wanting us to pray that it would not hurt. I don't know what the nurse thought. Of course the nurse did not give us time to pray. He stuck Courtney before she could blink. Then Courtney started to laugh and said" It was not that bad"
I guess the nurse has had children say some not so nice things before and kick and hit. I don't know if he has heard one say "I want them to pray" I thought it was sweet. Courtney believes in prayer and knows God can make it not hurt so bad. Courtney is on some antibiotics for 2 weeks, so maybe she will be feeling better soon.
Brooke got some spark back in her eyes this afternoon and has felt better. (Thanks to God)
She seems really ill right now and has felt hot. I don't know what it is about night time, but fever seems to come up then. Hopefully tomorrow will be good for us all. Thanks for your prayers.
Love you all.

3 comments:

Omaloriann said...

Awe, so sorry your babies have the sickies - no fun, no fun atall. Praying they both get better soon & be back sparkling again.
Sweet and cute about Courtney & prayer. Amazing how young our children learn these things - good too!

Kelly said...

Are they going to run a blood test? Is that why they pricked her finger?

I sure hope y'all get on top of this. It seems like she's been sick for a long time!

Denna said...

They did a blood test and they ruled Mono out.
WHAT are you doing home??? Please don't tell me you took your lap top camping.LOL