Monday, July 10, 2006

The prayer of a child





Courtney is my little prayer warrior. That girl can pray. She prays like a grown person would pray. She is very concerned if somebody is sick, or anybody is going through a hard time. Courtney will pray for you. I know when my travel group was waiting for our babies, Courtney was our big prayer warrior.
Tonight Courtney was praying and she shocked me so bad. As she prayed I could not help but get teary eyed. I am going to post the best I can her prayer. First she was thanking God for her mommy and daddy. She then was thanking God for her sister. Well then She starts praying like this. " God you see my mommy really wants another baby. Now God she just wants one more. Will you please give my mommy her desire. Now God, if it is not your will for us to have another baby will you please show us. But God if it is your will, then please let it be soon."
I am thinking "O.K where did this come from?" I did say if it was Gods will I would like another child, but I have it committed that whatever God wants. I am trying to concentrate on the rest of her prayer, but at the same time I am trying to figure where this came from. Maybe it is her desire more than mine and she is just using me to talk to God. I don't know.
Well then Courtney starts praying about a house. "God you see we want a bigger house. We are putting it in your hands and we want you to help us with the decision. Now God help us to get a house that we will not have a huge house payment. We just want a small payment"
I am about to die at this point. My child is praying like a grown person, not a child. Where is she coming up with these words. Kevin and I have been talking about building or buying in the near future, but this little girl must think we desire it now. I mean we pray about a house, but coming from a child I just am in shock. When Courtney was through with her prayer I told her she prayed very good. Courtney says she thinks you should pray serious and not try to be funny, like one of her friends prays. I said " Yes, you are right. You need to be very serious when you pray." I am also thinking WOW my little girl is really growing up. I love her so much. It seems like she should still be in my arms and I should be rocking her to sleep. Now I am crying. That girl has really touched my heart tonight.
One more thing I need to clear. We are NOT praying for another child. We are very satisfied with our two girls. This is all Courtney's prayer. The only thing I can think of is she heard me tell somebody that I would not mind one more, but it was up to God and in his hands.

5 comments:

AlabamaBrands said...

Thants great--
I'll have to tell courtney about a special request I have :)

BTW- I haven't stopped praying yet that you'd have another child. (I figured you wouldn't mind if I kept praying for you to have another one :) !)

Kelly said...

I don't know, I don't think it would be WRONG of you and Kevin to pray for another child. I mean, we all know you're very grateful and content, but it wouldn't be bad to want another. That's really pretty natural.

Obviously Courtney thinks so!

And who would want to deny her that?? ;)

Denna said...

Awww Guys, That is sweet. Thanks for praying for us. Whatever God wants we will take. We are happy and content. I always wanted 4. Two girls and two boys. That was a long time ago. That was before I knew much about homeschool. I can not imagine homeschooling 4 children. If God chooses to bless us with more then we will do our best.
It is natural to desire more children, but it is not something that I dwell on all the time, or pray about everyday.

Sonya said...

Those prayers are just PRICELESS! What a jewel you have!

Sonya

Lisa said...

Absolutley prescious! It's amazing... the heart of a child!!! I have added you to my blog roll... you have one cute family and I want to continue visiting!!

Lisa:)