Monday, July 31, 2006

We are back

We are back and I am very tired. I have so much to do and I don't know where to start. We loved our camper. I think we will really enjoy going camping. I doubt we will use it for campmeeting. My reason is with so many people being there and everybody having to use the same showers I think it would be really hard with the children. It could be done, but it is not for me. For those of you who don't know what campmeeting is, it is where many congregations, from all over the world come and have fellowship and church. With camping you don't care to be hot, and sweaty and have your clothes wrinkled. With campmeeting you want dress clothes and you don't want to be hot and sweaty. So for those reason I think we will stick to the motel as far as campmeeting.
As far as the camper I loved it.
I am glad we took the camper, because we learned many things. I know of some things I have to purchase for our next camping trip. We enjoyed being in the revival and being with the saints at Knoxville. I got much encouragement from being there.
God was very good to us on this trip. God answered so many prayers that I don't know where to start. I guess I will start from the beginning. Once we got to Knoxville it was coming a down pour. I mean it was raining so hard that you could not see the road. We started praying that God would move on the rain so we could at least set the camper up. The rain kept coming, and we kept praying. Once we reached the church, God allowed the rain to slow some. If God had not moved on the weather I don't know how we would have been able to set the camper up.
We had planned on going to the zoo on Saturday. It was suppose to rain. The saints at Knoxville was praying for rain because it had been so dry. We was praying for the rain to stop so we could enjoy the zoo. Well God answered prayer for all of us. We woke up Saturday morning to the beautiful sound of rain hitting the camper. It rained most of the morning. It stoped about 11:00 so we was able to go to the zoo. The rain cooled things down so the temperature was not bad. Brooke did not really like the animals. Everyone we looked at Brooke would say "MEAN" We tried to tell her all animals was not mean. The animals was also very lazy. They was not active at all so we really did not enjoy the zoo. The girls loved Kids Cove. Kids cove was added to the zoo and it was great for children. I will post Zoo pictures later.
Kevin started getting a headache Saturday evening. he felt really bad. He finally took some medicine, but it did nothing for him. Saturday night I went on to church, but Kevin was really suffering with a migraine. The service was great. I was enjoying hearing testimonies of God's healing to people. Kevin called during the service and said I needed to come that he was very sick. Kevin is not like some men who can not take pain and they want to you to baby them. He normally just deals with his sickness and don't complain. When I got to the camper Kevin was very sick. His eyes was glossed over and he was very pale. I thought he was going to pass out on me. He was laying there and could not get up. The whole camper felt like it was spinning to him.
I ran back to the church and got our pastor to come pray for him. Bro. Cornwell came and prayed and gave us encouragement. I stayed with Kevin and watch him suffer for about 30 minutes. I prayed for him a couple more times. God came to his rescue about 45 minutes after our pastor prayed. Kevin was able to get relieve and felt normal by the end of service. Kevin gets migraine about once a year. This was the worst He has ever had.He ended up throwing up 4 times. He has never did that before.
God was very good to us the past three days. I can't thank God enough for the many prayers He answered for us. I don't see how people make it without God. It is so good to be able to pray and know that God hears you. It is also good to be on praying ground when situations come up. Many people only pray when problems come up. Prayer is our life and we pray everyday.
Over all we had a nice trip. I am very tired and have tons of clothes to put up and stuff to unpack. I also have a very busy week so I am not for sure about blogging this week. I will post some Zoo pictures later if I have time.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I was wondering how your time was!

Glad you enjoyed it.....and glad that Kev's better.

I thought of calling you, but now I'm glad I didn't! You sound really tired!

~*This Mama*~ said...

Thank God for the privilge of prayer and that He hears His people...

Sonya said...

Glad you are back home! What wonderful testimonies!!!
God is good all the time and All the time God is good!

Sonya