Wednesday, July 19, 2006

First Time For Everything

Well Brooke did it. She threw up last night for the first time. Yeah, I know, that's not what you really want to read about in blogging.
Brooke was not herself yesterday. She was ill and would not eat much. I met my best friend at a Chinese restaurant for lunch. Normally the Chinese people that work there are crazy over Brooke. This one guy comes and gets Brooke and kisses all over her. He takes her hand and kisses it and then he gets her and walks around with her. (Makes my mom a nervous wreck) I have got used to the attention they give Brooke so it don't worry me. I would not want them to take her outside or where I could not see her. This one Chinese man came to my van one time and got Brooke before I could even get her out. I guess he saw me pull up. Normally Brooke likes the attention. They give her treats, and they show her the fish in the fish tank. Brooke gets really spoiled when she goes to this Chinese restaurant. They even speak Chinese to Brooke and they try to get her to speak it. It really is a funny site. My mom and dad don't like it. Courtney can't stand it. She is like "Mom he did not ask, he just got her" I don't see the big deal because I am right there and I think they are really happy for Brooke. Maybe I should use more caution, but we have ate at this place for the past 2 years and I have grown to know the Chinese people and like them. Sometimes they come and go and I meet new faces.
Well Brooke would not have anything to do with this man yesterday. She did not want him to look at her, much less touch her. She is crying and reaching for me saying "mama" Well the guy goes and gets a toy to try and get Brooke to come to him. She refuses. Finally the guy comes back to the table and says" fishy, fishy" Normally Brooke loves to see the fish. Not this day. He took her anyway. She was fine, but she still wanted her mommy and so she only looked at the fish for a minute. From that point on Brooke just seemed really ill and tired. I could not get her to eat. After we got home Brooke was whining and I could not figure out what was wrong. About 8:00 Brooke was so ill that I felt ill. I could not put my finger on the problem. She felt hot so I took her temp. It was around 100. I figured it was her teeth. I got her to sleep. When she woke up at 9:00 she was so hot I could not touch her. She was burning up with fever. I gave her tylenol and just held her. She would look at me with those little almond eyes and the sparkle was out. I cuddled with her and sung to her, but she felt really bad. Brooke ended up sleeping with me. She woke up at 2:30 and she was sick. I got up and was rocking her and walking the floors with her. Brooke made this funny sound and started heaving. I knew she was going to throw up. I always have the fear when they are that young that they will aspirate it. I grabbed a towel and said " Its O.K. Spit it out" ( She would not know what throw up was) Brooke opened her mouth and out came everything she had ate, which was not much. I have to say I believe that child ate 3 french fries whole. ( I won't explain that. Use your imagination.) LOL Today she has not ate much. She still has fever and she feels yucky. I am not for sure what is going on. Courtney has been sick with something for about two weeks so Brooke might have caught it from her. Courtney has a appointment this afternoon to check for strap throat again. I don't want to go this route again. Courtney is just not getting over it. I can't decide if I need the Dr. to check Brooke out to. We have a $25.00 copay and I hate that. I guess we will play it by ear the rest of the day and see what happens. Just remember us that we can knock this stuff out and that it will not go through the whole family. I need the sparkle back in Brooke and Courtney's eyes.

2 comments:

AlabamaBrands said...

By far the saddest thing is when they lose that sparkle in their eyes.

Sadie did that in February and we would've "stood on our heads" to get her to crack a smile. I'm sorry she is so sick.
We'll pray she gets better soon.

Sonya said...

Poor baby! That is just the worst feeling!

We will say a pray for you guys!

Sonya