Thursday, August 10, 2006

Playing Doll house


"Let's slide"

Courtney showing her family.

Brooke wanting something????

Brooke putting things in the doll house.

I got Courtney's doll house out that she had when she was much younger. Brooke loved it. I thought it would be different and that it would entertain her some. This doll house lights up and makes sounds. Brooke loved that. Courtney and I played doll house with Brooke and both girls had fun. The bad thing is Brooke don't want to play by herself. She has grabbed my hand several times since we played doll house and said "Play mommy, Play"
If I tell her I don't want to play right now, she just don't understand. I have house work to do and I was hoping Brooke would play by herself for awhile. So much for thinking. Brooke is ALWAYS where I am. She NEVER wants to play by herself. If I am cooking then she is bringing toys into the kitchen. If I am washing dishes she is pulling on my leg, wanting me to hold her. Don't get me wrong, I love her thinking so much of me. She is a sweetie. I do wish she would learn to play by herself in her room. Does anybody have any suggestions??
When Courtney was a baby I played with her all the time, but when I had things to do, she would play by herself and not be pulling on me. Brooke has had a very hard time cutting teeth. She is so miserable. She bites her little hands all day and cries a good bit. I am sure that has not helped matters.
I did enjoy playing doll house with the girls today. I could not help but laugh at their silliness.
One time Courtney had her dolls and she was talking with them. She said " Now don't you pitch fits" Brooke was in her own world, but she heard that and she started kicking her legs. I got to laughing so hard at her. We have been working on fit pitching the past few weeks and so she knew exactly what Courtney was saying.
About 2 weeks ago Brooke started in kicking when she did not get her way. I would scold her and say "No , We DON"T pitch fits"
It had been one day of fit pitching and me trying to correct her. I went to get Kevin up. I did not mention Brooke kicking. All I said was " You are going to have to help me with Brooke, She is starting to pitch fits" That child heard me and she looked at Kevin and grinned and started kicking her legs. I had to leave the room I was laughing so hard. When I finally got my laugh under control, I went back in the room and told Brooke it was not funny and tried to explain that we DON"T pitch fits. I did not want her to see me laughing. I don't think she did. Of course Kevin might have hid behind a pillow. LOL
That girl is to smart.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

WOW! That is a GREAT doll house!!!

Sonya