Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Mother's Prayer


Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called me to be a mom--
Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with wooden blocks,
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose,
Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs,
A stack of last week's mail to read--
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet, when I steal a moment, Lord,Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your grace,
I see then, in my small one's face,
That you have blessed me all the while --
And I stoop to kiss that Precious smile.
author unknown


My last few post have been about moms. The reason why is Kevin and I started talking about how special moms are. When Children are sick, sleepy, hurt, or just need comfort, they say mommy. (most of the time)
With Kevin working at the hospital he gets to see the other side of this. This week he had two older patients that was about to die. Who did they call out to???
Mommy!! It is amazing how older people who are sick revert back to childhood. You don't hear them say daddy. They say mommy. Daddies are special people also, but there is just something about a mommy.
There is nothing quite magical as a mothers love. I know it has been a wonderful thing for me. There was a time in life that I did not think I would get to be a mommy. I am so thankful for the two beautiful, healthy, girls that God has blessed me with. I found the prayer above and could not help but get tears. It is so true. I know myself that my house used to be spotless. I mean I did not care who dropped by for a surprise visit. I always had the dishes and clothes caught up. Now there is toys everywhere, and it seems like I never have the clothes caught up. I will think they are caught up, but turn around and find something else that needs to be washed. I am thankful for all of these though. I am thankful for the toys on the floor, the clothes to wash, the dishes to wash, and for two beautiful girls to tuck in at night. I am also thankful for a wonderful husband and daddy, that I think is pretty special.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

That is beutiful! you are very bless sis we are so thankful for God goodness to you and your family. We love and appreciate ya'll!

Omaloriann said...

Been reading the last couple of posts & am so thankful for God's blessings to you & bro Kevin. God is good.

Anonymous said...

as I read ;;;;I was crying ;;crying because I am so Happy for You and so very thankful that I have a daughter like you...and two lovely granddaughters that I love vey much...also a wonderful son....KEVIN;;;