Tuesday, August 01, 2006

In the Car


Sleeping beauty
Tired baby

Playing with mommy's shirt

Brooke playing her game boy. LOL

Still playing her game boy.


Courtney playing her game boy.

I have to say our trip in the car was different. On the way to Knoxville Brooke did really good. Coming home Brooke was a pill. She was sooooo ill. Brooke was also very sleepy. When Brooke gets sleepy there is 4 things she wants and pretty much has to have. Her passey, her blankie, her mommy, and her mommy's shirt. Brooke likes me to hold her and she goes to sleep playing with my shirt. I have had to start putting one of my shirts in her bed for her to hold.
Here we are on the way home and Brooke is fighting her sleep. I knew she wanted me to hold her, but there was no way with us driving down the interstate. I decided to lean on Brooke's car seat and try to hold her that way. I had to take my seat belt off and I hate doing that. I leaned over toward Brooke and she started playing with my shirt. The problem was I was so uncomfortable. I had her seat belt and car seat in my side and I was hurting. I moved back to my seat and Brooke started screaming. Kevin's head was starting to hurt some and I knew we was going to have to do something. If we stopped I could have her to sleep in 5 minutes, but she would have woke up as soon as we put her in the carseat. I knew she was wanting my shirt so I am trying to think of what to do. I look in the back seat and see another shirt. Brooke don't like just any shirt. It has to be the t-shirt material. So with as much modesty as I could, I took a blanket and wrapped it around me and switched shirts going down the road. That is all Brooke wanted. She did not cry any more. She held my t-shirt and played with it. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do in a sticky situation.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

They say: "Necessity is the Mother of
Invention."

But could it be that "Mothering is the Invention of Necessity?"

LOL