Thursday, August 03, 2006

My special friend Laurie

Friends are quite angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
A couple of years ago Kevin and I met this wonderful couple at a American Adoption seminar. We became friends with Laurie and James and have kept in touch. Laurie and James chose to do American Adoption. So far that has not worked out. The past month or so they have searched International adoption. They felt that was the route they needed to go. They have chosen to adopt from Korea. They was accepted by a agency and thought everything was on the right track. Today they did not get the best of news. They still want to adopt and still plan on it, but they may have to wait 6 months, for reasons that I will not go into. Laurie is hurting so bad and my heart is breaking for her. Kevin and I both got tears as we read her email.
I know that many of you are able to have children with no problems. On the other hand there is those like me, Laurie and some more than can't just have a child when we want. I know if you have not went through what we have been through then you can't understand the pain, stress, and the emotional roller coaster we face. I know God was my strength.
Laurie and James would make wonderful parents.
For those of you who can pray, will you remember Laurie and James this next week. Please pray that God will give them comfort and ease the pain they are going through. Please also pray that God will help them make the right decisions. I know most of my blogger friends don't know this couple, but for me I ask that you pray for them. I know prayer changes things.
Laurie, If you are reading this post stay encouraged. You are a wonderful friend. I know you will be a great mom. Hang in there. Love you, Denna
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not: for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; Yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

No comments: