Saturday, August 12, 2006

Chocolate Gravy

Enjoying her gravy.


LOOK AT THAT SMILE.

If you have never had chocolate gravy and biscuits, you don't know what you are missing. I don't mean just any chocolate gravy. (Kevin's gravy) Kevin fixes the best chocolate gravy I have ever had. When Courtney was a baby we would fix it for breakfast and Courtney loved it. She was hooked day one. Brooke was a little different. She did not want the gravy. She loved the biscuit, but not the gravy. Every other Sunday Morning Kevin will fix this for breakfast, while I iron clothes and get the children ready for church. I used to fix it, but mine never turned out like Kevin's. Courtney wants her daddy to fix it instead of me, because his taste better.
Brooke would eat her biscuit while we ate biscuit and gravy. I would give her some gravy, but she just never seemed to like it. One day she started eating it and has not stopped. Brooke loves chocolate gravy now. She also has started sitting at the table with us and she loves that. She used to always sit in her high chair beside me at the table. We bought her a booster seat and she don't like the high chair anymore.
We have not had chocolate gravy for a couple of weeks, so Kevin decided to fix it this morning. Brooke loved it. You can tell by her face how much she loved it. Of course she wanted to feed herself so that is why her face is such a mess.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Now, I must say this...I like chocolate gravy, but I would like it more if it was generally thicker....kinda the same consistancy of thick white gravy for fried chicken. Not lumpy, just thick and gooey, like hot fudge sauce.

But then again, I've never tried Kevin's....so maybe I would like his, even if it IS that runny stuff that everyone eats!

Tell him we'll make the eggs and bacon, and if he'll make the biscuits and gravy, we can play Rook and have breakfast for dinner some night! Oh, and gotta have the OJ too!

Kelly said...

.....and maybe some grits? ;)

Denna said...

That is what makes Kevin's so good. It is thick. I don't like thin gravy either. Kevin makes it where it is thick, just like hot fudge sauce. We will have to do that some night. He has never made for a lot of people, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out when he doubles or triples the recipe.

Anonymous said...

.I have made it for 40years but Kevins is different...maybe a little better ha...............mother

Unknown said...

She certainly looks like she's having fun. I've always heard of chocolate gravy, but have never tasted it. Sounds great, though!

Just Me said...

Hellooo, Bro. Kevin- Where is my invite for a chocolate gravy breakfast??