Friday, August 18, 2006

Discovery toys

I like most of Discovery Toys products. I have the Giant Peg Board.
Brooke loves to play with it. We sort her colors. I also only get it out at certain times. Many times when I am cooking or something I will get it out so it is something different for her. Tonight was one of those nights. Tonight was also a night that gave me a terrible scare.
Brooke was busy in the floor, playing with her peg board. I would give her a color and then wash dishes or load some clothes in the wash. I had came back in the kitchen and Brooke made this weird sound. I looked at her and she had a round peg in her mouth and she looked to have a grin on her face. I told her to get the peg out of her mouth. She just looked at me. I said "Brooke get that out of your mouth now"
She put her hand up to take it out, but it would not budge. Tears was pouring down her cheek. I grabbed the peg and pulled. It was stuck. I was starting to get very nervous. I was not worried about her swallowing it, because I think it would be to big. My concern was, she was not breathing good. I jerked the peg again and it would not come out. I was starting to panic. I thought I need to call 911. I could not get my finger in her mouth to get a good grip, because the peg was closed around her mouth. It was almost like a suction cup. I finally pulled very hard and was able to get it loose. Brooke took a deep breath and cried. I hugged her and told her it was O.K. I have to say it was scary. You would not think a little peg could cause this, but it did. I still don't know how it happened. It is like her mouth put a suction around the peg and it was not going to turn loose. I really do like the Discovery toy peg board, but I will use more caution the next time Brooke plays with it. If anybody else has a peg board, be careful if you have little ones.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Now that you know it can do that, can you put like a pinky finger under the rim of the peg in order to break the seal? You wouldn't have necessarily known to do that in the panic of the moment. But I wonder if something like that would work in case she got it on her mouth like that again?

I sure hope you don't have to put away such a nice toy!

Denna said...

It was the strangest thing I have ever seen with a toy. It is almost like the toy had a suction and sealed around her mouth. I could barely get the tip of my finger in to try and pull it out. When you are in a panic you don't think. I am telling you it was weird. I could not budge the thing.

Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad that you were able to finally get it out and that she is ok. That would Be very scary!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she is O.K. I love that girl and don't want anything bad to happen to her.

Denna said...

"Who loves this little girl?? Anonymous? Did you forget to sign your name? It might be from Brooke's grandmother. I love the comments, even if you don't sign your name, but it sure makes me curious. LOL

Ebbie Faith (Mei) said...

Hi There! You have a beautiful Family. I just discovered your blog when I was looking at a friend of mines blog. We too have a daughter from China. A spicy girl.
God Bless you all.
Lisa