Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6 months ago.

Blogger would not let me post the pictures I wanted. I tried for hours to load them and never could get them. I would love for you to see Brooke's New pictures. Click here to see one of the cutest little beach babies.
Six Months ago Brooke met her forever family. Looking back it seems like much longer than 6 months. I am so amazed at how Brooke has done. I will never forget the day we received our referral picture of Brooke. That was a exciting day. A day that we thought would never get here. When we saw Brookes picture we rejoiced. She was perfect. We thought she was so pretty. My heart ached as I looked at her picture. That was my baby and she was oceans away. I wanted her then. I wanted to hold her, kiss her, and tell her how much I loved her. We had to wait 2 more months before we got to hold her. Many days and nights I would think about Brooke and wonder if anybody was there to comfort her when she was scared, or feed her when she was hungry. I was in love with her before I saw her picture. Once I had the picture in my arms I longed to hold he,r and fell more in love with her. We made copies of the picture when we got it. I slept with it by my bed. Courtney did to. She had prayed for a sister for years. She was so excited to finally have one.
December 6, 2005 I held my baby for the first time. Brooke bonded right away. She has really changed since that day. I look at the pictures from Gotcha Day and I see how God took a little girl who was sad and had nobody and he gave her a family that loves her. I look at her today, and see so much joy and happiness. I see sparkle in her eyes that was not there. I got Brooke's picture taken today. I can't believe how she has changed.
Brooke is saying all kinds of words. mamma, dadda, sissy, Court, (for Courtney) Jacob(her cousin), gindaddy,(for granddaddy), Love you, bite, stop, no,dog, cat, duck,cacker,(cracker)
pappy,(passie). There is so much more words she says. She is very smart. She knows exactly what we are saying. She will pick her toys up, put trash in the garbage. She also puts stuff that is not trash in the garbage. LOL
Her favorite food is pizza. She loves pizza and any type of pasta. She also loves MM's and Hersheys candy bar. The only thing that I wish would be better with Brooke is her sleeping. She did good at first, but now she is doing terrible. She will not sleep through the night. She will sleep for like 3 hours and then she is awake on and off the rest of the night. I will go rock her or pat her and she will go to sleep. 30 minutes later she is awake again. I love to rock her and baby her, but it does get old when you don't ever get a good night of sleep. She is starting to let Kevin rock her some. That will help out as far as getting up at night. I hope these next 6 months don't go by as fast as these last 6 months. I still can't believe how fast the last 6 went. I hope you enjoy the pictures from today. It makes me want to go to the beach. (Well I did this post yesterday. I have tried for like 4 hours to post the pictures and I can't. I don't know what else to do)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 months ago when the plane left for China I was one of the saddest people in the world. I WAS HAPPY FOR THE HARDIN FAMILY, BUT YOU SEE ALL MY BABIES WAS LEAVING ME....WHEN THE PLANE CAME HOME we was so thankful. I was one of the happiest people in the world. They was all so beautiful to me. Brooke
was a doll. Also Courtney, Denna, and Kevin. WE LOVE ALL FOUR OF OUR BABIES. MOTHER

Denna said...

Awww how sweet. We missed you guys very much while we was gone. For those of you reading these comments my parents and I are very close. My parents was afraid, because they did not know if they would ever see us again. I had never flown before and I was going to the other side of the world.
My dad don't cry easy, but my mom said when we called them once we was in the states that he cried tears of joy. Once we landed in Birmingham and we saw my parents I don't think there was a dry eye among us.