Saturday, June 24, 2006

Fun, but late night

I heard about the game called Canasta, and I want to learn to play it. I bought the game and tried to figure it out, but I just could not get it. Kevin had to work this weekend so I did not have much to do. Kelly decided to come show me how to play Canasta. Her wonderful husband Chris, stayed home, put the kids to bed, relaxed, and read a book. (Thank you Chris. I had so much fun.) I fixed this pan full of cheesecake brownies. Kelly did not know I was fixing them and she brings a strawberry cake. All this food for two people. Yeeks step aerobics here we come.
My mom ended up coming down and playing Skipbo with us. I am a BIG ROOK fan. Rook is my favorite game. Kelly and I was both in the mood for Rook. Kelly calls my dad and leaves him this sweet message. It worked. Dad called and he came over and played rook with us. We have a small problem though. Kevin calls me when we are playing rook. My moms says "you better not tell him we are playing rook" Her reason is, Rook is also Kevin's favorite game. The other problem is Kevin and I have tried to get my dad to play rook with us and he just never plays. Sure enough Kevin found out we was playing. My dad is in trouble now. Kevin told him he owes us. I guess my dad better prepare for a rook game next week.
We had a great time. Mom and dad left around 11:30. Kelly and I got on the computer and she showed me some new stuff for my blog. (Thanks Kell)
Kelly's goal was to be home by 1:00. Kevin's radio started beeping. Brindlee mountain had a very exciting call. There was a wreck with multiple injury's. One car was on fire with the person still trapped inside. Come to find out the wreck was involving the same people who had been in a wreck earlier that day. I think they was all fighting and somehow they crashed. They had 6 people hurt. They needed med-flight to fly, but the weather was to bad. I think they ended up with 4 ambulances on the scene. Kelly could not leave because she was wanting to find out more. The phone rings around 2:20. It is Chris. He is worried about Kelly not being home yet. I get a good laugh listening to her communicate with him.
Kelly and I figure we are not going to hear much more on the radio, so she decides to leave at 2:45. I never stay up that long. I am just hoping and praying that Brooke don't wake up.
She does:(
To be able to sleep, I put Brooke in my bed. I dream about blogs and templates all night. I did sleep until 9:00 so I feel pretty good.
The bad thing is I never got to play Canasta. Oh well there is always next week.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you got to sleep in! Wish I could've! Michaela had me up before 7! Ack!

But that WAS fun, huh?

Cannot forget the "hymn"! CANNOT! HA!

Brooke said...

Sounds like ya'll guys had fun!! :)