Saturday, June 03, 2006

Wedding Bells

Congratulations Chelsie and Kevin


Look at this fruit and vegetable tray!! WOW!!Courtney, Jacob, and Caleb
Daydreaming
The Wedding Party
Courtney and Jacob
My pretty Little Girl
The Lady's
Courtney, Chelsie, and Kalie

Today my niece got married. I thought it was a really sweet wedding. Chelsie and Kevin are so young. I know, who am I to talk. Kevin and I was young when we married. Chelsie and Kevin are going to the Bahamas for their honeymoon. "WOW" I wish them both the best in their marriage. The reception was really nice. I think the whole wedding turned out great. Courtney was a flower girl. I thought she looked very pretty. I felt kind of bad. Darcie, (Chelsie's mom) ask me to serve at the wedding. I told her I would, but we would have to see how Brooke did. Darcie said she would get a backup in case I could not serve. Guess What I did??? I forgot that I was suppose to serve. Things was a little hectic. I had left Brooke in the nursery. You should see this church's nursery. It is super nice. Brooke loved it. It was like a big playhouse with tons of toys. After the wedding we was suppose to wait in the auditorium for family pictures. I ran and got Brooke dressed in like 1 minute. I came back to the auditorium and waited. Of all things people had already started going through the receptions lines. By the time we got in there the line was down and people was already sitting and eating. I still did not remember that I had to serve. We was halfway through the line when my wonderful husband says " was you suppose to help serve" Yeeks I forgot. I will blame it on my lack of sleep the past three nights. I guess in three nights I have slept maybe 10 hours. That is a little over three hours a night. Honestly I do feel like a zombie. I should not have forgot that though. I looked around and all the tables had somebody serving. They all had a corsage on. I felt better. I guess they did not need me to bad. I never said a word about it. I was to embarrassed. The reception was almost over when I did remember. I would have felt real silly going up and scooting somebody out of their spot. Oh well Life is still wonderful and still goes on.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Your neice? Not Devonda's daughter, right? I thought she was only high school age? And I though Lowell's kids were younger too. Where's the relation?

Denna said...

No not Devonda's daughter. I would die if she was getting married now.
This is Lowell's oldest daughter. She is 18. Lowell has 4 children.
The rest of Lowell's children are 12 and under.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we did miss you serving! Not everybody had a flower, the gentleman that helped at the chocolate table would not put your flower on! LOL Hope that you get some rest! Next time, I will make sure that the "Chocolate Table" man comes dressed for the occassion.

Denna said...

Not for sure who that last anonymous person was, unless it was the wife of the gentleman serving. I did wonder why he was at the chocolate fountain. I knew you had told somebody that the chocolate fountain had stopped working. I figured Johnny was there to keep it going. Forgive me!

Brooke said...

The wedding was great! I can't beleive Chelsea's Married! It was only yesterday we were playing dolls and wagging Caleb around. That nursery was neat. I really think the pager thing is a great idea. oh yeah, Think on the sunny side...If you had served we would not have gotten to enjoy your company during the reception. LOL!

Vanessa said...

Kevin and Chelsie's wedding was very pretty and I am so glad I got to go! Like Leah was saying... I too can't believe my friends are getting married. I have a lot of fun memories with Chelsie. We swam, played barbies, had our own little friends club, babysat, etc. We had a lot of fun together and now..she is a wife...she has her own house to clean...that just seems really weird. I am so glad for her though. Meanwhile.. I think I will just keep going to college and get a job.