Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers and Fathers to be. Kevin was ask today if he was glad to be a father. He said he loved it, and that he was thankful to be a father because there was a time that he did not know if he would ever be one. That is so true. There was a time that we just did not know. God has blessed us with two healthy beautiful girls. We are very thankful for them.
Today was a a happy day, and sad in another way. Kevin made the statement that today was the first Fathers Day that Brooke had a father. That is true and today was a great day knowing she had a great father. Today also was the first day that Kevin has had a Fathers day without a father. Looking at that part makes it sad for us. Kevin has been watching tapes this afternoon of his dad. We all miss him. Some days it don't seem real that he is gone from us. It seems like we should still be able to see him and touch him, but we can't. I know that L. D is happy and that he got his reward so that makes it a little easier, but we miss him.
On a happier note I am thankful for my husband. He is such a good dad. In my mind he is the best. He loves his girls so much. He tells everybody he has three girls. (The third is me) Kevin has always took time for his children. Most men don't get down in the floor and play dolls with their little girls. Kevin does. Yes, he had rather play ball, cars, GI- Joes, or some guy thing, but he loves his girls and he does it to make them happy. I'll never forget one time when Courtney was younger and she wanted to play "Brother and sister." Kevin looked at me and said "how do you play brother and sister?" I started laughing and said "you have to use your imagination" So that is exactly what Kevin does. You should hear him when he plays Barbies with Courtney. Being in the medical field he talks medical with the dolls. He will act like they have been in a wreck and he uses all these medical terms about their condition. It is really funny to listen to them. When Courtney was younger it was easier to play imagination with toys. You could act silly and she would laugh. Now she wants the real thing. She wants you to pretend to be going to the mall, or buying clothes, or going on a date with the dolls. Many times Kevin will say "lets play a game instead of Barbies" Some times he can talk her into that.
Kevin does the same with Brooke. He will get in the floor and play dishes and little people with her. Brooke is at a fun age though. You can act silly and she don't care. As long as you are playing with her it don't matter. Kevin is a big family man. He wants us to always be together. I think he is just great. He has always been a help to me with the children. He would do more now if Brooke would let him. She has got much better so he does what he can. If I am ever tired or been really busy and the house has got out of order, Kevin is always there to help get it back to normal. Many days he has washed the dishes for me. I am very thankful for such a wonderful husband. I was told that I have a jewel and that I need to hang on to him. Some people has made the comment that I am spoiled. Well maybe I am, but I much rather be spoiled than have a spoiled,selfish, lazy, and don't ever take time for me and children husband. I hope that made sense. Kevin has soooooooo much patience. Kevin never gets mad. In fact he don't let much get to him. He is very easy going. On our homestudy we had to put something to the fact of what makes our companion mad or what do we not like about them. It was tough. I told my social worker that I guess the most irritating thing I could think of was leaving dirty socks in the floor. LOL I guess you can tell I love my husband. If you are reading this Kevin," Happy Father's Day. I love you."

No comments: