Monday, June 05, 2006

Good News


Brooke is feeling better. She still has a runny nose, but feeling much better. She has been so sweet to her daddy this weekend. She has gave him love. She will sit in his lap for a long time. Even at church she stayed in his lap for awhile.
The greatest news is last night, for the first time in like 5 months Brooke let her daddy rock her to sleep and give her a bottle. I wanted to cry tears of joy. Don't get me wrong. I love to rock Brooke and baby her. Its just her daddy would like to do some of this also. It also helps me out. Brooke has been such a mommy's baby that she refused to let her daddy get her to sleep. I feel we are making some progress. Much prayer has went into the situation. God is so good to us.
Kevin was all excited. After getting Brooke to sleep he went in and said bedtime prayers with Courtney and she went to sleep. Kevin came into the living room and said " Well I got both of my girls to sleep tonight" Brooke slept until about 2:30. Then she ended up in our bed. She is a big wiggle worm. You might be asleep and feel a ton of bricks falling on your face. You wake up to find it is Brooke's hands, or head hitting you in the face.
I am very excited about the daddy thing. Kevin was hoping Brooke would start being a daddy's girl. (No I am not jealous) LOL Now if she starts totally ignoring me that might be another story. I owe much thanks to my friend AnnaMarie for some great advice on helping Brooke be more of a daddy's girl. AnnaMarie had struggled with some of the same things we had and she gave me some great ways to help the situation. Thanks AM

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Brooke we are sooooo glad yo uare feeling better!!

Katie Lin and Sonya