Sunday, June 11, 2006

I can do it by myself


I am in trouble. Brooke has figured out that she can feed herself and she does not want any help. She kept trying to get the fork or spoon when I was feeding her. So I let her have it. I had some corn and potatoes and gravy for Brooke today. She wanted to feed herself so I let her. She did pretty good. I think she is going to be left handed. I was dreading seeing her clothes and the high chair when she was through. I was impressed. She did great. Maybe our children can do more than we think.
Brooke is talking more and more. If you ask her what her name is she will say "Brooke" She says is so fast and sweet. She will also hold up one finger if you ask her how old she is.
Brooke wants to do everything by herself. I gave her a crayon and tried to show her how to color. She did not need my help.

2 comments:

AlabamaBrands said...

All of my kids started with their left hand and so far none of them have been left-handed.

Brook is exceptionally smart, I think.
Most kids don't hold up their hand to say how old they are until they are two (even then, hard). She impresses me how much she can say!

Sonya said...

Brooke, YOU are a big girl and sooo smart too!

Katie Lin