Sunday, June 11, 2006

First Swim

This is Fun
Courtney jumping through the tube.
Brooke laughing
I have not had time to post these pictures. Brooke had her first swim last week. We finally got our pool ready. Brooke loved it. She would laugh and splash water. We made the mistake of getting her out of her float and holding her in the water. She loved that and did not want back in the float. She would kick her feet and splash with her hands. She also would take her face and put it in the water. She had the funniest expression on her face when she would get water in her mouth. She would go right back to putting her face in again. Brooke would probably be easy to train to swim. I am not the one for the job though. I can swim and I love water. I also have a fear of water. I don't think you can be to careful when it comes to having fun in water. It only takes a minute for something to happen. Courtney can swim like a fish. She has been swimming since she was 5. It took me a long time to let her in the water without her floaties on. I know I will be the same way with Brooke. Courtney understood the danger of water and she never went near the pool unless we was with her. Brooke is so different from Courtney. Brooke has no fear. She will play outside and not care if you are with her or not. Courtney always wanted to make sure she could see us. Brooke is also a climber. I told Kevin we have to keep the ladder out of the pool this year. I never let Brooke play outside without me with her, but like I said it only takes a second for something to happen. After Church the children play in the grass by the church. Courtney always wanted to make sure she could see me or her daddy. Not Brooke. She runs and plays and don't look back. Her squeaky shoes come in great for this. Now, if you was to come up to Brooke and try to take her, then she starts looking for mommy or daddy.
Brooke had a really fun time with her first swim.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Good idea to keep the ladder out of the pool. My mom did that too even when we were older because of kids wondering the roads. We had a fence across the front of our backyard (Do you remember?) but they could come around the back. Anti-ways sound like you guys will have fun with your water baby. ~ :)