Thursday, August 02, 2007

Free Pen, Anybody?

I have to tell this on my Mother n law. She went with us to Tennessee. While we was there she took our family and Kevin's brothers family out to eat. There was 10 of us. I wanted to eat at famousdaves. I love to eat there when we visit Lowell and Darcie. I wish we had one here.


We all ordered our food, and enjoyed our time together. We left and then headed to Knoxville. We had drove for awhile and Brooke wanted to draw. I could not find a pen so I ask my MIL if she had one. She said "Yes, I do. That lady at famousdaves gave me a pen." I am a little puzzled, so I say "Gave you a pen. Why did she give you a pen?"


Nadine says " I don't know, but she gave me a pen when she brought my receipt"


Once I saw the pen I knew it was not a new pen. I said "Nadine, did you not sign the ticket the lady brought you."


Nadine says "No, I did not sign anything. I did not know I was suppose to."


At this point I am ROTFL. I said "She brought you the pen, so you would leave her a tip and so you could sign the bill."


Nadine pulls her bill out and sure enough she had two copies and neither are signed. She had the ticket for her and the one that she was suppose to left them.


You see my MIL normally pays with cash or check. This place did not take a check. My MIL had just got a check card to use and that was the first time she had ever used one. She did not know that you was suppose to sign the receipt. We have joked about my MIL free pen for days. She was so serious when she said "The lady at Famous Daves gave me a pen. I don't know why she would give me a pen, but she did"


My MIL called the manager later and they worked it out on the phone. They got their money and my MIL still has her free pen. LOL

6 comments:

AlabamaBrands said...

ha ha ah ha ha ha!!!
One of the funniest stories I've heard in a while!

Kelly said...

We'll be telling that one at her funeral! It's unforgettable!

Ohilda said...

OMG!!! That has got to be one of the funniest stories I've ever heard! Thanks for sharing. I needed the laugh!

LucisMomma said...

That is so funny! I am also ROFLOL!

susan

Amy said...

That's too cute! It's so nice to hear she was honest and called to pay the bill! Wonderful story!

Melanie said...

hahahaha that was really funny now! Good they didnt take away the pen from her!!! LOL
Melanie

www.picturesartmemories.blogspot.com