Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fun Friday

I have not posted about our fun Friday night. I had worked at Kids Kloset on Friday for a few hours. It was a slow day and I was very thankful. I knew with my back I could not do much, but I had agreed to work weeks ago. Things was very slow and I did not have much to do. After Kids Kloset, I had to go to the hospital pharmacy to pick up my medicine. I was so tired by the time I got home. I was also feeling sad because I was missing my nephew. Courtney had company and Kevin had to work. I was going to just take it easy and do nothing. Brooke was begging me to play with her. I played a little bit, but I was so sleepy that I could not think. I called Kelly to see if Libby could come play. The girls played in the play room and I rested on the couch. My mom and sister came over about 7:00 and wanted to play games. They wanted to play Tuck. Tuck really needs four people to make it fun. I called Kelly to come play. We had so much fun. The bad thing was I had not been to the grocery store in about a week. I did not have much snack foods around. Kelly and my sister was craving something chocolate. My sister wanted me to make some oatmeal candy. I was out of cocoa. Then those two started craving Chocolate gravy and biscuits. I only had 8 biscuits and no cocoa. Kelly was desperate for chocolate. She said " I have some cocoa and I only live 5 minutes away. I will go get some" So it is 10:00 at night and Kelly and my sister had talked my mom into making homemade biscuits, and me into cooking chocolate gravy. I have to say it was good. I have to share a funny story about our gravy. We sit down to eat this is the conversation.

My mom "I have got to stop eating like this. I don't know what is wrong with me lately, but I stay hungry. I prayed today and ask God to help my appetite to go away and that I would stop being so hungry"



My sister says " Well it looks like the devil is winning tonight"

Kelly and I was laughing so hard. It was funny, because here is this food on the table at 10:00 at night and we are eating and my mom says that.

We ended up staying up late playing games and having a girls night. The chocolate made us all hyper. Of course when Brooke fell and got hurt, it took my energy and zapped it. I felt so weak and tired after that happened. I should of had Brooke in bed, and then she would not have got hurt, but her and Libby was playing so good together. I hated to put her to bed when all of us, was having a good time. Brooke had a good time also. Courtney had a friend over and they stayed up late also. I have to say it was a really fun Friday night. I was glad for the company. It took my mind off of my sweet nephew for awhile.
"Thanks guys for making my Friday night, not so lonely."



Also for those who don't know about Kids Kloset, I know how to spell closet, but that is the way they spell it for the sale. LOL

2 comments:

BASF said...

I got a good laugh out of that too.

The Princess's Mommy said...

I hope Miss Brooke is feeling much better! I loved the Friday Fun story! Too funny! Love, Monica
www.carteradoptionjourney.blogspot.com