Friday, January 11, 2008

Woke up on the Wrong Side

Yes, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I am so upset about my Durango. The insurance company called and it is not totaled. It is going to be around $10,000 to fix. I am so tired of people not thinking before they drink and drive. It make me so ill. People are selfish and don't even think about how they can hurt others. This is the fourth wreck I have been in that the person ran. One of those my car was empty. I was having a Yard Sale and this person hit my car and ran. Somebody got the tag number on that, and that was taken care of. I don't know if they was drinking or not.
The other time this lady came flying up behind us, and hit us. She had a beer can hid under her shirt, and she had two children in her car with her. The children was screaming that they did not want to go back to DHR. The next thing we knew the lady puts her foot to the gas and leaves. Kevin jumps in our van and follows her. The girl went to her grandmothers and Kevin used the grandmothers phone to call the cops. That is kind of funny. This girl had her third DUI when she hit us.
Then I was with my mom and we was just past my house when this man pulled right into us and then left the scene. He smelled like s beer factory.
This last wreck with my Durango has just made me ill. This has been the worst of any wreck I have been in. I don't know if the guy is still in jail or not. I just get so upset thinking that these drunks get away with it. We have to pay our deductible which is not a good thing. My insurance man said he would try and get it back from the guy, but not to count on it because he has dealt with this guy before. This guy was with my insurance company and they dropped him. We have not found out yet if he had insurance with anybody else.
I am thankful that we was all O.K. We had bruises and that kind of thing. I live in fear when I have to drive. I get so nervous. I feel like I can' breath good. I am gripping the steering wheel so hard. That is terrible to have to live like that. I know I will get over that, but it still don't make it easy. I just wish people would not be so selfish in this world. If you are going to drink, please don't drive. I know we could of had a funeral this week. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. I am very thankful that God took care of us. Don't think because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed that I am not thankful. I just am disgusted that my vehicle is almost totaled and some drunk is getting by with it. I mean you can't get blood from a turnip.

6 comments:

AlabamaBrands said...

I'm so glad all of you are alright.

I didn't realize you've had so many hit and runs! I am disgusted at how many drunk drivers you've come across.

LucisMomma said...

Oh, no, Denna, will *your* insurance help any? That would sink us.

love you, susan

Denna said...

Our Insurance will take care of it, but that still don't make me feel better as far as the guy. We have to pay the deductible. I think the guy who ran should have to pay us back, but like I said you can't get blood from a turnip.:(

Denna said...

Susan, by the way..... 10,000 would sink us also, if we had to pay for it ourself. Thank the Lord for insurance.

Lisa said...

I am sorry all of this is happening. It sounds like God has truly been looking after your family.

Tiffany said...

Thanks to God that you are all safe and alive!!!!! It is a terrible thing when someone decides to drive under the influence.