Friday, January 04, 2008

My Day

I think that the devil likes for us to worry. I have had a condition in my body for the past four months on and off. Well I have suffered with it a good bit the past 14 days. I don't talk about it much because I just don't want to and I don't want my family to worry.
I decided to get a appointment with my Doctor to see what was going on. I think everybody has a fear of the worst when they are sick or have certain conditions in their bodies.
I was so scared as I was going today. I felt nervous, sick, and just scared to death. I tried to be so brave when my husband would ask if I was O.K. He was going to go with me, and I acted like it was no big deal. Let me tell you, deep down I was scared to death.
Well in my mind I am thinking what if I have cancer? I started feeling so stressed. I was taking Brooke to my moms and I was telling her that mommy had to go to the Doctor and I would be back for her soon. Brooke said in a very concerned voice. " Mommy are you sick" I said, "Well sorta, but I will be O.K"
Tears came to my eyes as I started thinking about the what ifs. What if it was this or that and my girls loose their mommy early. I started praying for God to help me. I turned my radio to a gospel station and there was a man talking on there. He was talking about how we worry about things and that God don't want us to worry that he wants us to cast all our cares on him. That God wants us to trust him. As I listened to that I felt a peace. Maybe God wanted me to hear those words. I prayed on and off all the way to the Doctor.
My Doctor was a little confused herself. I can't go into a whole lot on this blog because of what I have been through. I did mention cancer and my Doctor don't think that, but she wants me to have blood work done and a ultrasound done next Friday. She gave me some medicine that she felt my body needed. By the time I left the Doctors office I was a little stressed, with a big headache.
I went to the hospital to get my medicine filled. I went to Chick-Fil-A and ate by myself. I never eat by myself. It felt really strange not having somebody with me. By the time I got home I was feeling better about things. I take my medicine out and read the information on the package. My heart stopped........ It said " this medicine is a _______ used to treat cancer. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.

So of course the devil starts trying so hard to make me worry and be upset. I have found that most things you worry about don't happen. I am trying to think positive and that everything is going to be fine. I really feel that everything will be O.K. I just dread this week. I wish I could go Monday or tomorrow and get this over with but I can't. That is a whole week that I have got to deal with this. I am going to try to think on positive and think of some good scriptures to make it through this week.
God has always gave me encouragement when I needed it and I know he will again. If there was one thing I could change about myself it would be not to worry so much.

Brooke is crying right now because she wants to sleep in my bed because she is scared. I might just let her tonight. I know that might be starting something. She is very upset right now, so I guess I better end this for now.

8 comments:

2China4Ayla said...

Denna - It is normal for us to have fear, and the not knowing what is going on only feeds that. I pray you find out quickly what is going on and that you have peace in your heart no matter what. I also pray that you are just fine and whatever this is will be healed from your body immediately. I believe we are often given more then we can handle (people always say God doesn't give you more then you can handle....I do not believe this way) but He can handle all things and He can handle them through us. He wants to carry His children through the things they are unable to withstand on their own....and He will if you give it to Him. I know that I am VERY UNABLE to handle what lies before me but somehow my Lord and Savior has filled my heart with a divine strength and faith that I normally do not possess. Thinking of you, butmost importantly I will be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Denna, I can so understand your problem with worry. I, too, lately have not been feeling 'up to par' with reoccurrent headaches & just plain tummy aches from worrying & being so anxious all the time. You are not alone. You are definately in my prayers sweet friend. Love, Laurie in WV

Melanie said...

Oh Denna, I hope everything goes OK. Try not to worry so much, It'll just do bad on you to be worrying. Try to not think so much about it. I'll be thinking of you, anytime you want to talk about it I'm here. Lots of hugs your way,
Melanie

AlabamaBrands said...

That's definitely some scary stuff- I'm glad you let us know though- it always helps me to know others are carrying the burden with me.
We'll be praying!

LucisMomma said...

Denna,
you will be in my prayers this week so much--I'm thankful that you did go to the doctor. And that emdicine did say, "and for other conditions as determined by your doctor."

I never was afraid of much until I had children--now I have 3 someones I want to be alive and functioning well for until they are fully grown and have their own families--I have a sense of mortality that I didn't have before. Now I'm afraid of several things, like flying.

you are in my prayers. Please do let us know what the outcome is, ok?
susan w.

Lisa said...

Denna, I just want to let you know that I will keep you in my prayers. I hope the medicine helps your problem and this week flies by for you.
Lifting you up in prayer,
Lisa

mommy24treasures said...

Denna I think I missed this post,I am so sorry, please call me me if I can ever be a help to you, I can't bear to think of you worrying. We are all here to encourage one another in the family of GGod. Worry is such a huge tool of the devil to strip us of our joy which is our stength. The joy of the Lord is our stength, Satan is always trying to get our minds on anything but the goodness the promises the blessings the care of the Lord.
He loves you, you are the apple of His eye and His plans for this year for you are good. He is all good all Love God is love fear not friend. Trust Him your Heavenly Father who loves you.
This little poem reminds me often of His love:
Said the robin to the sparrow I should really like to know why these anxious human beings rush about and worry so
Said the sparrow to the robin Friend I think it must be that they have no heavenly Father such as cares for you and me.


I will be praying for your peace. As well as your health.
Love
Connie

Lauren and Ed said...

Denna,
I am not sure what is wrong, but have faith. As a cancer survivor, let me tell you that cancer does not mean death. God has a plan, we must trust in him. My ordeal with cancer was scary, long, and taxing, but I would not change it for the world!!!! It made me a better person, and for that I am thankful!