Saturday, January 19, 2008

Article from Ohilda.

Check out this blog. Read this article and then if you can, watch the video on The Dying Room.
Ohilda said most of the way I feel. Many people want to ask me questions about Brooke's life in China. No matter how many times I tell people I don't know, they still don't get it. Many people want me to talk about Brooke's birth parents. I wish I knew, but I don't know anything.
Many people ask about her orphanage. All I can say is I think it was one of the nicer ones. I have pictures from her orphanage and it looks like a nice building inside and out. The nannies and the director looks and seemed very nice. Those are things I really can't say. I just don't know.
I have had people say that the Chinese children that are adopted are spoiled little kids. Well you know what....... I am glad I have one to spoil. I wish I could have more to spoil. After seeing this video of some of the things that happened in China, makes me want to go back and bring more children home. I know we can't right now, unless God shows us a way.
I think Ohilda said the film was done in 1995 and that much has changed since then. I still am very sad over this. The whole video kept me sad. Just wanted to share it with you that are interested, and maybe there is some more people that would like to bring a child home.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I started to see that video sometime ago...When I saw the sick girl I had to take it away, I was in tears. I'll try to see it again.
Hugs

Denna said...

I know Melanie. It was almost to much for me. I have just been so down today after watching that. I can't get it out of my mind. I have had to give some extra hugs today.

Kelly said...

Ummm...I started to watch that and...um...it's too much. Just too much. Those little ones just crying pitifully....you know that cry? When they're desperate and are beside themselves? I can't handle that in a newborn, no matter who's they are.

If only I could rescue some of them. Pick them up and hold them. Or start an orphanage HERE where there'd be enough arms to hold them....

...if only.

I know better than to watch these types of things :(