Saturday, February 23, 2008

What a weekend

We had a really great weekend. We are wore completely out, but we had fun. Last night we took the girls to a play. They loved it. They took a friend with them, so of course they liked that.

Last nights play was called "Puss In Boots" Fantasy put it on. We enjoyed seeing it. Brooke got really scared when the Ugolin came out. He was one ugly creature. I have some pictures, but have not had time to download them yet. Brooke was ready to go home when this ugly creature came out. She kept saying, "Is the monster coming out?"
He was not a monster, but he did look pretty scary. During intermission, I took Brooke to the bathroom. She was so scared. I could not help but laugh at her. She said, " I'm scared of that mean monster. Is he going to come out again?" "I not like him." The whole time she is saying this her voice sounds very scared. Then her voice changed and she had the sweetest little voice and she said, " God in Heaven will protect me." I was truly amazed at Brooke. Some of the things she says is so grown. I hugged her and told her it was just a play and that nothing was going to happen to her.
I also got a good laugh out of Courtney. One of Courtney's favorite characters was in the play. His name is Caleb Grissett. Courtney has thought this guy was so cool from other plays. When she found out he was going to be in the play she was so excited. Of all things Caleb played the Prince. When Caleb came out to do his part I thought Courtney was going to fall out of her seat. I looked down at her and she was doing the little girly laugh that girls do. She was also so flushed. I had to remind her that she was to young to think about boys. Of course she says, " I know that, but I still think he is cute."
I don't want Courtney thinking about boys at this age, but I have to say that I know it will not be long before she is at that age. She is so mature for her age. Most people think she is 13. Her daddy has done said that his shot gun will be loaded, and her curfew is 9:30, and she is not dating until she is 30. LOL Of course I have to remind him. "Sweetie you was married at 18." Of course it is a different story when it is his daughter.
We also had a play that we went to tonight that was GREAT. I am to tired to tell about it. I am off to bed. More later

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Aww! Brooke is the sweetest :) LOL, My dad uses to say the same thing as Kevin says!!! LOL Oh well but Court is still 9!

mommy24treasures said...

sounds like it was fun!