Saturday, February 02, 2008

Gross or Gross



With my husband working in the medical field, we have to listen to some pretty gross things. I used to have a very weak stomach. I could not handle you talking about some things. I also used to be easy to pass out at the sight of blood or needles. When I married Kevin I had to pretty much get a grip and get used to the stuff. The needles I had to get used to when we went through IVF.
Kevin can pick the worst times to bring up this gross stuff. He has already turned me and my parents away from Guacamole. I don't know if that is spelled right, but the green stuff that you put on your taco's. You can only imagine what he said that looked like. Me and my family loves Salsa. As soon as we start to eat it, Kevin says stuff like "You know what that looks like?" Of course we say "We don't want to hear it."
Kevin laughs and will say that looks like the stuff my patient threw up the other night. My dad has got to the point that he says "Only Kevin would say that."
I get so upset with Kevin about this, but he laughs and of course he gets everybody around laughing, so I laugh and try to hold my food down. His latest comment about got me. I was eating a salad and really enjoying it when Kevin says " You know what that reminds me of?"
I am like, " I don't want to know."
Kevin tells it anyway. "One of my patients that I had to intubate the other night had ate salad and he had threw up and there was tons of little pieces of salad everywhere. "
That was the last straw. Kevin knew if he said another word that he was going to have to sleep in the dog house. LOL I don't think I got to enjoy my salad after that.
I can tell you these things now because I am not eating. I just hope you guys are not eating as you read this. Now somebody like Kelly could handle it with no problem. She loves for Kevin to tell about all the hospital stuff. One night Kevin was telling us about how somebody came into the ER and they had to crack his chest to try and save his life. Kevin was telling us how he got to see the heart actually beating. I can't remember if they saved this guy or not. Anyway, Kelly is sitting there taking it all in and wishing she could be there to. Not that Kelly likes gross things, but she finds it neat and interesting. Kelly can handle anything. How did I get on Kelly????
Back to Kevin. Well as I said Kevin can talk about anything and not get sick. He can eat a meal and talk about snot, poop, or anything that he has to deal with at the hospital. All this backfired on him. We went out to eat with my sister to this restaurant. My sister ordered some fried mushrooms. They brought them to the table and Courtney thought they was hush puppies and she was going to eat them until her dad spoiled it. Well her dad started saying "If I wanted to eat fungus I would just scrape it off of somebody's foot." He was trying to gross us out. Well like I said, it backfired. I have never saw Kevin get sick, but I think he finally about lost his food. My sister and I was eating our fried mushrooms. When we bit into them they did look pretty nasty. Kevin looked at the mushroom. I will not even tell you what he said on this one. It was pretty gross though. Well I was determined he was not going to ruin my dinner. I bit into my mushroom and pulled out the inside and dangled it in front of Kevin. Kevin looked a little green, and he was not to happy with seeing this gross mushroom that reminded him of something. I had no mercy. I would take the mushroom and bite it and dangle it so Kevin could see it. Finally I had to stop, because I was going to have to sleep out in the dog house.
I have decided that when Kevin starts talking about hospital stuff I am going to bring up the mushrooms. Maybe that will do the trick.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL!! Well, I don't quite have the stomach of steel I USED to have, but it's still pretty hard to upset. So glad you finally gave him a dose of his own "medicine!"

Bring it on, Kevin! ;)

Amanda said...

You had me laughing on that one...that's too funny! :-) Todd doesn't get too explicit with me about the E.R. so I guess that's a good thing!

Turnip Greens said...

I would love to be able to be there seeing the stuff that Kevin sees! It has to be pretty bad to make me get sick!

Anonymous said...

I told her that the mushrooms looked like a split open hemorrhoid. Kevin

Kelly said...

Comon' Kev...is that the best you got? Sheesh. That's pitiful...