Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Negative thoughts into Positive

We got our Durango back yesterday, but I have to take it back today. :( The warning light for the airbags is coming on. The Durango looks beautiful. They did a excellent job with it. Hopefully this airbag light can be fixed quickly.


Last night Brooke woke me up because she needed to potty. He little legs was like ice. I figured she must of kicked the covers off. I tucked her back in and put her blankets back on her.


Kevin and I was about to freeze last night. Kevin kept trying to get close to me, to get warm. We did not think much of it. Kevin is working today so he had to get up at 6:15. He came into the bed room and said "The reason we are cold is because the central unit is not working." It was 60 degrees in the house. Different thoughts was running through my mind. What are we going to do was the main one.


I was trying to think positive on this situation. Kevin quickly turned on our wall units. We have two of those so that should heat the house unless it gets into the teens.


The weird thing is we have been considering getting a new central unit because ours is to small for the house. In the summer it will be 80 degrees in the house and the air conditioner is running full force.


We had decided we would just hold off another year or so before we did that. Money is a big factor in this. Kevin had prayed for us to know what to do. I had prayed a little about it. I guess it did not concern me as much as Kevin.

When our heat system went out this morning Kevin said maybe that was God showing us, we needed to go ahead with a new unit.

Of course the devil wants me to think of the negative and feel down about this. I guess I am feeling low because I wanted so bad for this to be a good year, and so far things just have not been good. I had the wreck and almost totalled my vehicle. Things with my sister and her family has been so stressful on me. I have had some sickness that concerned me this year. Now the heating unit has gone bad. I feel like this is not going to be a good year. I mean it is February and so much has went wrong.

Yes, I know it could be much worse. I guess I need to think of the positive. I have two healthy beautiful children. I have a wonderful husband who loves me with his whole heart. I have a place to lay my head at night. I have food to eat. I have my parents still. There is so many blessing I have that I need to not let these little things bother me so bad. My mind goes to several situations lately that makes me realize I just need to be thankful. The past few weeks there has been several funerals of people we know. The past few weeks tornadoes have touched down and destroyed peoples homes and killed people. The past few weeks some persons child has been sick. The past few weeks there have been babies born who did not make it. The past few weeks there have been wrecks where people died or was left paralyzed. The past few weeks there have been school shootings where people lost somebody they loved. The past few weeks somebody has been told that they have this disease and there is nothing the Doctors can do. The past few weeks somebody has been told they only have 6 months to live.

I never meant to post these things, but God just came to me so strong as I was posting about the Durango and the Heat system. Those are little things that can be replaced. Yes, it might be hard financially but God will not fail us. I think about the bible verse where God cares for the birds, but he cares more for us. I can't think of the exact scripture right now, but I know God will get us through all this stuff. God can help us to think positive in a negative situation. I also started thinking about Bro. Moncrief's message about God being our divine supplier. God is our divine supplier and he will not fail us. No matter what our situation is in life we can depend on God and he will supply our need. God don't give rain checks, he supplies. I listened to that CD a couple of weeks ago, and I must say it was GREAT. I think I might need to listen to it again. Those that did not hear that message it would be worth buying the CD. I was going to listen to this while I cleaned. Well I just had to stop cleaning and start writing notes on what Bro. Moncrief was saying. I might try and listen to that again today.

I feel better just putting all this down.

"Thanks God for helping me to turn negative into positive."

7 comments:

Kelly said...

"It rains on the just and the unjust"

That one sure has helped me through those difficult times as well. We all have these tough times---just some of us can pray :)

BASF said...

We never want bad things to happen. We'd never choose for things to go wrong. But as long as we are in the world, they will.

You showed in your post how God keeps our minds focused on the things that are important and encourages us.

And He DOES promise to always be there for us. He will supply....

And you also let us know that we need to keep on praying for you.

We love you.

LucisMomma said...

Denna, I just talked to my husband. He works at TVA and knows a lot about the heat pump program (a heat pump is what you need). He said to call your local power distributor (who sends you your electric bill) and ask them to come out and check your heat pump and ask about them financing a new heat pump on your electric bill. Since you are replacing an old heat pump that has done so badly (as you mentioned about summer problems), it will probably not add any more to your electric bill.

love you, susan

PS call them today!

LucisMomma said...

PS--call them after you talk to Kevin, of course! :)

Denna said...

Thanks Susan. That is a good idea.

Omaloriann said...

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Mat 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
Mat 10:30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Mat 10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Thank God we have a heavenly Father who takes care of us.
Praying for you guys.

AlabamaBrands said...

maybe you're getting your bad over with early in the year- there's better ahead!