Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First Time

Austin Clowning
Enjoying the picnic.
Austin
Brooke
Courtney


I am behind on posting. Austin stayed with us a couple of weeks ago. The weather was so beautiful. I told the children we would go on a picnic in the back yard. Austin was so excited. I fixed sandwiches and different things. As we walked to the back of our land I felt sadness and happiness. I was so happy to see the children so excited about the picnic. Austin's excitement was the happiest of all. I got sad when he said " I have never been on a picnic before."
I felt so sad for him. Austin has had a rough 5 years. His mom and dad are not together any more and it has been so hard on Austin. When he told me he had never been on a picnic I felt so sad. I told him in a joking voice that we needed to get his mom and dad for never taking him on a picnic. I got so upset and my sister and Austin's dad thinking about that. I mean Austin is five. He should have been on many picnics. I told him I would take him to the park someday and have a picnic there. Austin was so excited.
Austin adores my girls. Brooke thinks Austin hung the moon. She loves him. She says he is her best cousin. I love Austin also. I just get really upset when I think of what he has had to go through because of other people being so selfish and thinking only of themselves. I hate divorce and separation, but I think if it happens that the parents should try to get along for the child's sake. The child did not ask to be brought into this world and they certainly did not ask to be separated from either parent. I don't care what sacrifice a person has to make, I think they should do what ever it takes to get along for the child's sake. I have saw to many children hurt over divorce and separations. Did not mean to get on all this.
I am glad that Austin had his first picnic with us. I plan on giving him more fun memories this summer if things work out.

3 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

looks like fun, I am glad everyone enjoyed it. I love simple outings.

Melanie said...

He's such a cute little boy. Seems like he really enjoyed it. He looks like a so sweet little one!

LucisMomma said...

What a cutie! You are a wonderful aunt to Austin. I hope he gets to spend lots of time with you all this summer.

Your land is beautiful! Our old house and this one, too, are on hills. Love your level place!

Can you believe this weather? Warm enough to picnic and take off your shoes in your post, and tonight there were flurries!

we ought to go to the zoo again soon.