Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

"Just what I wanted"

High School Musical shirt for Courtney's Cat.
"Oh neat, I have Tupperware now."
This was at my moms, but I thought it was cute.
"What is in here mom?'
"A DOLL LIKE ME"
Courtney with her doll (Remember she is only 9)
My sweet Girls
What can this be
Both girls with their camera.

We had a great Christmas. I have more pictures, but just don't have time to sort and post them yet. Kevin's famiy is coming tomorrow for Christmas so I have been busy getting the house back in shape. Of course that is hard when kids are opening new stuff and playing with it.
I will try to update more later. Both girls got a camera for Christmas. They love that. Brooke has not got to use hers yet, because I forgot to get batteries.
I bought the girls both beautiful dolls. By the way don't forget that Courtney is only nine. She looks so much older. It bothers me sometimes how people think she is older than what she is. For instance just this week somebody made the statement to Court that she was to big to play with dolls. Courtney said " I am only nine" The person was like " Oh, I thought you was 12 or 13" :(
Courtney has never liked to play dolls as much as she likes Barbie's. She does enjoy playing dolls with Brooke, so I wanted them both to have one. This will probably be the last year Courtney plays with dolls. One reason I am sure is because of how people act about her age.
It is so sad that she is still this little girl, yet everybody thinks she is older. I think her long hair makes people think she is older. I don't care if she plays barbies and dolls a few more years. I mean once your child is grown you can't bring back the years. So many people let their children grow up way to fast. I see many young girls who try to act so much older. They grow up way to fast. I don't want that with Courtney.
I will try and do a slide show later, and tell a few more things.
Kevin got me a web camera which was a surprise. Now Melanie can see the girls when we talk. I was really excited for that. More later.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Merry Christmas!!!
Looks like the girls had a lot of fun.

They are only young once and they should be able to play with dolls...
That is what makes being a kid fun.
(I think I've been enjoying Lily's gifts as much as she has... hee hee)

mommy24treasures said...

great Christmas photos!

Yes Courtney is still a baby and that is sad that even if someone was thinking such a thing that they would say it! She has several more years to play and be a child!

Melanie said...

Many people used to think I was older too when I was 9. I was too tall for my age. I played with Barbies till I was 11 even thought people would say I was too old for that.
When this happened to me I wished I was smaller again...but Courtney will be soon at that age where she isn't a kid but she isn't a teenager. Still! Tell her to play with dolls and barbies if that's what she wants to because none of the people that says she's too old for that will give her back those memories!!!
and....WHAT DO MY EYES SEE! DENNA UPDATED!!! LOL!!!
I'm off to Aida's house this afternoon, will sleep over! Hopefully we can talk before I go.
Many hugs :)

LucisMomma said...

I agree with you about letting the kids be kids while they can--they do grow up too fast. Quite a few of my homeschool friends' daughters here carry around their baby dolls much older than Courtney. She's in good company. Good practice for being a good mommy, too.

Love Brooke in the laundry basket. Luci loves sitting in hers, too!

Merry Christmas!

susan--ps glad you used that homeschool family song. isn't it hilarious?

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very merry Christmas

Hugs

Staci and Emilee Jin Xiu

Lauren and Ed said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like the girls had a ball! Mia got that same camera as Brooke for her birthday...it is a great toy! I know what you mean about people thinking Courtney is older than her age. Mia gets that all the time too. It is frustrating and I feel sorry for her because people expect more because she looks older.

Pandamonium Mom said...

Hi. Looks like you all had a very Merry Christmas! Beautiful girls! I get what you're saying about Courtney. I was tall for my age and everyone always thought I was older than I was too..it's a bit of pressure for kid. I'm glad you just let her be a kid..she'll grow up on her own too fast anyway.
Happy New Year!
DeEtte