Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Update

Christmas is over and the New Year has started. We had a really nice Christmas. My mom got Brooke the small baby's Alive doll. Brooke hated it and wanted no part of it. She was so happy opening her gifts and smiling really big. When she opened the doll and the doll started to laugh, Brooke stopped smiling and pushed the doll away. Brooke said "I not like this doll"
My sister bought Brooke a doll and Brooke loved it. Brooke would not let anybody touch this doll. My sister was like " I only gave $5.00 for this doll" We all had to laugh because Brooke wanted nothing to do with the expensive doll. I was a little worried when I saw how she did with moms doll, because I had bought her a Chinese Doll and my MIL had bought Brooke the BIG Baby Alive Doll. Sure enough when Brooke opened her Chinese Doll she said " I not like this doll" I was sad. The doll was beautiful with long black hair and beautiful almond eyes. Brooke wanted nothing to do with the doll. Finally she opened up and loves the Chinese Doll.
We still had to have Christmas with Kevin's family so I was curious what would happen when she opened the Baby Alive. Brooke's cousin was there and my MIL also bought her the Baby Alive. We thought that when Brooke saw Kalie open hers that she would be excited about hers. This doll is really neat. She eats, talks, uses the potty. Kalie opened hers first. Brooke just looked at her like she was crazy for liking this ugly doll. Brooke opened hers, and sure enough she pushed the doll away and wanted NO part of the doll. I think my MIL gave close to $35.00 for this doll. We still did not give up. As the girls played that night we kept bringing the doll up and asking them if they wanted to play with their dolls. Kalie was all excited and wanted hers opened. Brooke decided since Kalie wanted hers opened that she would open hers. That is about all she did with the doll. She played with it for a few minutes and then put it away. I tried the next day to show Brooke how we could feed the baby and how she could change its diaper. She loved watching mommy play with Baby Alive, but she did not want to touch her. All through the day she would say stuff like " I not like that baby. That baby ugly." I am not for sure what the deal is with the baby's. I don't know if it is their hair or if it is because they talk and it freaks Brooke out. We ended up taking my moms doll back, but we could not take the one my MIL got back because it had been opened, fed, and changed. So we are stuck with a $35.00 doll just sitting in the living room right now. I guess I will put her up and hope Brooke will one day play with her. I think this doll is better for 4 and 5 year old children.
I also bought Brooke some little Kelly Kid barbies. Their was 5 little girls who had a tea party dress on and they had little cups and cookies with them. Brooke did not like them either. She told Courtney that she could have them. I guess Brooke's favorite thing was the laptop we bought her and the doll my sister got her. Brooke has always been a mommy's baby. She don't just sit and play with toys. She is under my feet pretty much all day. She loves books and art stuff. She loves to play dolls and dishes, but only if somebody plays it with her. Brooke hardly ever goes to her room and play by herself. I find that sad. Courtney would sit down for hours and play with her little people. When Courtney was Brooke's age that child would use her imagination and play for hours. Not Brooke. Brooke does not want to be where she can't see me. I sometimes wander if that has something to do with things that might have happened in China. I just don't understand it. I think Brooke enjoyed Christmas, but not as much as I thought she would. When she opened her gifts she did not show much expression.
Courtney was a different story. She would squeal with delight when she got her gifts. Especially if it was something she really wanted. My MIL got her a Karaoke machine and Courtney loved it. Of course Brooke loved that and wanted it, but Courtney did not want Brooke to touch it. I taped Courtney singing a song the other night. I will try and put it on here soon. Courtney was happy with everything.
Kevin bought me a Serious radio and I love it. I have enjoyed being about to listen to songs with no advertisement. There is like over 100 channels on it so I have so much to listen to. They have a Disney Channel that the kids love. They also have a kids station that plays tons of kids songs that the girls love. Now for me, I like the Serious Love songs, and the jazz station. I also like Old time Radio. I can play the Serious Love, or the jazz and I can kick back and go to sleep. Kevin will walk in and be like "What are you listening to that stuff for?" He had rather listen to a talk show or quietness. LOL I have really enjoyed it so far.
I guess that is all for now. I will try to post some pictures later.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh well, maybe Brooke will like the doll when she gets a bit older, maybe she's just scared of it!!
I can't wait to listen to Courtney singing!
Happy new year!!!!:)

mommy24treasures said...

oh I would just put it up totally hide it and maybe 6 months down the road she will love it, thats just kids. Chloe despised dolls until around 4. She always preferred animals. I would always have to worry about her reaction to gifts because it seemed everyone thought she needed a baby doll and she did not want them.

Lauren and Ed said...

Don't worry about the doll thing. Mia has never cared much for them either. Especially ones with hair. She does not like those at all. I don't push the issue becasue she may not be a doll person. Just becasue she is a girl does not mean she has to like dolls. Give it time...she may surprise you! :)