Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Good News/Bad News

I will start with the good news first. My back is so much better. The past three days and nights have been really good. I have slept wonderful. I bought this pillow and I slept a few nights with that under my knees and it really was great. (Thanks Delinda for the suggestion) This is one of those pillows that you put behind you when you read and it has the arms on it. I used it for taking the pressure off my back. I can still feel some discomfort when I do certain things, or pick Brookie up to much, but over all I feel better.

The bad news is the Doctors office finally called me back today and told me they understood why I have been in so much pain. I have two herniated disk in my back. He wants to see me again in a few weeks just in case the pain starts back. He said that the steroids have eased the pain and that is good, but this is something that I will have to be very careful with the rest of my life. Surgery is a last thing. I DO NOT want that. He said the next step would be to give me a shot in the back. I really don't want that either. Hopefully I will continue to do good and will not have to face any of that. The steroids may have helped but I have to give God most of the credit on this, because for days after my last steroid I was in terrible pain. Many days I did not feel like moving. I know there was a lot of prayer for me, and I believe that God has helped me.
I copied and pasted a little about a herniated disk. I know many people want to know what exactly it is.


Herniated disks are most common in the lumbar spine--the part of your backbone between the bottom of your ribs and your hips. Disks are the soft "cushions" between the bones of the spine. The disks in the spine let you move your backbone.When a disk between two bones in the spine presses on the nerves around the backbone, it's called a herniated disk. The word "herniate" (say: her-nee-ate) means to bulge or to stick out. Sometimes this is called a ruptured or slipped disk.

I have two of these. The doctor gave me the locations, but I don't understand medical terms to well. Well that is it for today. (I think) Four post in one day WOW

1 comment:

mommy24treasures said...

I am sorry for the news from the dr. But I do believe in the good report of the Lord that says He is the Lord that healeth thee...
He can change that report.
I pray you have no more pain.