Friday, September 08, 2006

My Miracle Girl

Courtney (Miracle Baby)

Our 4 Embryo's (Courtney was probaby A or B)

Second ultrasound

Bad News ( You can see there was no room for baby to move or grow)
The next week after bad news. ( You can See how God allowed the sac to grow. There is plenty of room for growing and moving) The very top where there is a + is Courtney's leg. She kicked that leg out. God is so Good.


What is a Miracle? An extraordinary occurrence that surpasses all known human powers or natural forces and is ascribed to a divine or supernatural cause, especially to God. 2. A superb or surpassing example of something; wonderful; marvel.
Do you believe in Miracles? That is a question I don't have to think much about. I believe in Miracles. The bible was full of miracles. Even though we don't see some of the miracles that we read about in the bible, I believe God still does miracles.
To me the greatest miracle God has done is to take a soul that is sick of sin and save them. Many people have been bound by some terrible sins. Many homes have been broken up because of sin. Many young people have got involved in drugs, Alcohol, and other things because of sin. Attitudes, Hatred, lying, Stealing, and yes even murder have bound many people up. All because of sin. I was never involved in some of these gross sins, but in God's eyes sin is sin and I had sin in my life. It is a miracle when you see God save souls, and give deliverance from those sins that had them bound. It is a miracle when God puts homes back together. To me Salvation is the greatest Miracle we can experience. This post is not to talk so much about that, so I will continue with the miracle that God did for my little Girl.

Kevin and I had went through IVF to have Courtney. We had suffered with infertility a great bit. IVF worked the first time with us. We was so excited that we had a little baby on the way. Because of going through IVF I had to have a ultrasound every week for the first 2 months. We saw our first ultrasound and we was so excited. I think we actually saw three ultrasound, before we heard the bad news. When I was about 6 weeks into the pregnancy things started going down. We went to the Doctor and the nurse said that my baby was growing, but the sac that held her was not growing and that I WOULD loose the baby. You can see from the pictures that Courtney had no room to grow. According to the ultrasound I was behind on the pregnancy. Kevin and I was crushed. I cried all the way home. When we got home my Doctor called me and he said he had looked over the ultrasound pictures and I would have a miscarriage. He told me to take it easy and he told me what symptoms I would start to have.
By the time I got home news had traveled to everybody. Thank God for Faithful saints. The Saints of God pulled together and fasted and prayed for Kevin and I. God gave me such peace about the situation. Many of the ones praying felt this same peace. I did not cry. It was almost like God picked me up and carried me that week. Kevin and I did not think that God would bring us this far and then take our baby. We had already suffered so much. I am not saying we are better than anybody else that has lost a baby. We just felt with what we had been through that God was going to move on our child. The saints was a blessing to us that week. The day the nurse told me I was going to loose my child, was one of the worst days of my life. It brought back the day when my Doctor told me I would never have a child unless it was through adoption or IVF. God is so faithful and He performed a miracle on my little Girl.
I went back the next week to the Doctor and there was a huge change. God allowed me to keep my baby. I can never thank God enough for the miracle he did for us. That day was a day of rejoicing as we looked at the ultrasound. Kevin had prayed that we would see our baby move. Courtney kicked her leg out. We have that on tape. You can see her leg in the ultrasound picture. I was 6 weeks and showing 8 weeks. The Doctor said things could not look any better. On another subject for those who believe in abortion. This baby was moving at 6 weeks. She had a heart beat, legs that kicked , and hands that moved. She was not something for me to kill. She was my baby. I will not even get on this subject.
So Courtney is our miracle. If you look at the pictures, you can see God did that. Doctors did not do that. You might ask why did God allow it? We are not to question God. Maybe it was to let people know Who was in Control. Maybe it was to strengthen us or others. We will never know why, but we do know that God was in control and He gave us a miracle baby.
WE LOVE YOU COURTNEY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, stumbled upon your blog while browsing the "recently updated" listings. Was so touched by your story. My 9 month-old is a miracle baby too. I had PCOS confirmed with an ultrasound (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I was told could not get pregnant anytime soon. Too many cysts on my ovaries. My pastor prayed for me and I was healed and got pregnant immediately. Now I have two boys, 9 and 9 months. I also have a 7 year-old stepdaughter. My husband and I want to have more children. Isn't the goodness of the Lord awesome?
Many blessings to you and your lovely family.

npbradshaw
nattysfamily.blogspot.com

Brooke said...

Very cool story to tell her! I love you too, court. ~

Elizabeth said...

That story was a blessing! Stay true!

Hope for Lucy said...

Wow! God is still in the miracle business. He has never quit performing miracles, we just don't always have the eyes of our hearts open wide enough to see them. Courtney is truly a miracle! God is Awesome!!!