Friday, September 29, 2006

Missing in Action

Well I have been MIA for the past week. We had a pretty good time. There was a few stressful times, but over all it was a nice trip. We went and stayed with my brother and sister-n-law for three days and then we went to a Church campmeeting for a few days.
We took the girls to build a Bear and let them build a bear. They loved that. Brooke named hers Mie Mie. Courtney named hers Angel.
Darcie, (My SIL) and I went shopping and I was able to get some good deals. I bought the girls a dress that matched. I know they will look pretty. We went to a park so the children could play. That turned out to be a disaster. Brooke had fun on the swings, but when I got her off she screamed and cried. I could not do anything with her. I put her back on the swing and she screamed. The way she was acting we could tell she was in pain. She was kicking and screaming and pulling my clothes. I have never seen her act this way. We had to leave the park. Brooke cried all the way back to Darcie's house. We gave her gas drops and she finally went to sleep. She slept about 2 hours. I don't really know what happened. She could have been very tired.
I was worried about how Brooke would sleep on the trip. She did great. She slept through the nights, and done wonderful.
We drove to Knoxville Tennessee, and was truly blessed with the meeting. We came home encouraged in our souls and encouraged to press the battle on. We loved seeing the different saints from different states. We loved seeing the unity and love the saints of God have for each other. I am very tired because I pretty much had Brooke to myself. As you know she is a mommy's baby. Well she was a triple mommy's baby this trip. She did not want anybody to touch her. She cried for her mommy and I was the only one who gave her comfort. At the hotel Brooke would let her daddy hold her and play with her. The minute we would walk out of the hotel Brooke refused to let anybody touch her. There was so many people coming up to her and telling her how pretty she was and telling her hi. I don't know if she freaked out, or just the change of being away from home. If somebody came up to speak to her she would say " No, no mommy, mommy" Or she would bury her face in my shirt and say " I want mommy". I tried to tell her that nobody was going to take her, that they was just saying hi. Brooke did not want to get down and play with the children. She would cling to my clothes and pull on me. During the Church service she would not let anybody hold her. She wanted her mommy and nothing could change that. So as you can see from this I am very very tired. I never know what is going through her mind. I hope and pray she has forgot her life in the orphanage. I sometimes wonder if things don't trigger in her little mind and she is scared we will leave her. Brooke slept in a pack in play and I wondered if it brought a memory back to her. I will never know. All I can do is hold her, kiss her, and let her know it is O.K.
I will post pictures later. For tonight I have got to get some sleep. Of the things I missed the most was my parents, My wonderful bed, and my favorite friend, (the computer) LOL
I wanted so bad to read my friends blogs. I have a week of catching up to do.
The trip home went so much better than our last trip home from Knoxville. We prayed much that Brooke would not scream and that she would do good. God answered prayer and Brooke done WONDERFUL.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

Welcome home!!

I am sorry about Brook that can be very hard on the mama. Some children do good away from home and some children do not.

Anyway we missed ya'll!!( and your post)

Brooke said...

=)

Just Me said...

She did take up with Mike for a very few minutes in church, until he tried to get her to sit in his lap. I guess she figured enough was enough! :)