Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My bad Memory.

I have to thank God for the good day today. God has helped me so much this morning. Just little things that I needed him for, he helped me. With all the stress I have had on me, I have not been able to think to clear. I can't keep up with anything. I have misplaced so many things. I guess because my mind is working over time. I will put something away and my mind is not on what I am doing, so I forget where I put it.
My sister's court date got canceled for today. I was so thankful for that, because I just did not feel like dealing with the stress of this.
I got up and decided I needed to pull myself out of the blues. I am behind on house work and other things. I decided I needed to balance my checking because I am behind on doing that.
I go to get my bank statement, and can not find it or the calculator anywhere. I had just saw it yesterday, so I knew it had to be here somewhere. Finally I ask God to help me find it. I was going to the living room and looked down at Brooke's diaper bag. I saw the calculator. I get it out and there is the bank statement. Why was it in the diaper bag??? (My mind working over time) I then sit down to balance the account and my book that I write my checks in was missing. I pray again, and within a few minutes God directed my mind to where it was at. It was somewhere it should not have been. My busy mind put it in a cabinet without thinking about it. I am the type that likes to balance my account to the penny. I don't like to give the bank anything. I will work for hours if I have to, to balance our account. Sometimes it is stupid mistakes that cause me to work for hours to get it correct. Maybe Kevin bought something and forgot to write it down. Maybe we did a debit and forgot to write it down. Little forgetful things can cause you to spend hours on a project. I really did not want to deal with this today. I ask God to help me get it close to right. I was about $17.00 off. I was determined I was going to find that mistake. I started from last months balance and started subtracting. I got to the very end and there was a spot with $17.00 that had not been subtracted. I ended up 6 penny's off, but it was to my favor so I was happy. I did not have to work long to figure it out.
I know some of you out there are probably thinking it would be easier to use Quicken or some program on the computer to balance your account. I have tried it, and I just don't like it. I know it has to be quicker and easier, but I could not figure it out. Maybe one of these days when my mind is not so busy I can figure it out. I am just thankful that God has helped me this morning. It has gave me a little strength to make it through the day without the blues. As I prayed last night I poured my heart out to God concerning my sister and my nephew. I told God that my hands are tied and I can't do anything but pray. I know that God's hands are not tied, and that he can move on this situation. As hard as it has been on me, I can not imagine what my sister is going through. I have God to lean on and talk to. God gives me strength during the times I don't feel like I can go another mile. I am speaking about the physical body, not the spiritual. God is faithful. I know that all things work together for good to those that love God. God will get us through this.

No comments: