Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sleep Issues

The past week Brooke has really had some sleep issues. It started last week when Brooke had 103 fever. She was so ill and would not sleep in her bed. The only way we got any sleep was for me to sleep with her. For two nights she slept with me. BAD MISTAKE. She thinks she has to every night now. I had just got to the point where I could give her kisses and lay her in her bed to sleep. Brooke would sleep through the night. She has been sleeping throught the night for months, but I always rocked her first.
Last week she refused to go to sleep on her own. Of course since she was sick I let her have her way. I was afraid she would need me and I would not hear her. Saturday and Sunday night she got in her bed on her own. Saturday night she slept all night. Sunday night she woke up and wanted in my bed.
Now for the funny part. Last night Brooke went to her bed without complaining. She got her blankie, passey, baby bop, and Barney. About 3:00 she woke us up crying. Kevin went to her room and she would not go back to sleep. She cried and cried wanting her mommy. Kevin finally brought her to our bed. Of course she slept so good. We did not sleep good. I finally took her back to her room. Of course within no time she was crying again. Kevin said to just let her cry. After about 15 minutes of screaming and crying for mommy, I could not take it any more. Kevin and I was not sleeping with her crying, so we might as well let her sleep with us and get a little sleep. I go to Brooke's room and try to talk to her. She grabs me and want let go. She says "ROCK BABY" "Rock baby" The whole time she is saying this she is sniffling. I tell her that I can rock her, but she needs to sleep in her bed. Brooke starts crying really hard and says "rock baby in tree top" ........How could I not rock a sweet voice like that? I tell her that I will rock her. I stand up to go to the rocker and Brooke then says "daddy's bed"
I rock her and she is like totally quite. I say "will you go to your bed now" Of course she starts crying and saying "rock baby tree top" Kevin felt sorry for us and told me to bring her back to our bed. Brooke slept so good. Kevin and I did not sleep good at all. Oh well maybe better luck tonight.

1 comment:

~*This Mama*~ said...

It's kind of hard for me to give my opinion on kids and co-sleeping since I'm not quite sure exactly what my opinion is.

I know that if it wasn't for Jef putting Rachel in her own room at 3 mths she wouldn't have started sleeping through the night anytime soon.

I believe in co-sleeping but sometimes I just don't sleep well with them in there.

I remember not too long ago being at my mother-in-law's house and I had Rachel in her set-up next to me and the two younger boys in bed with me. MAN, those boys lay literally all over each other and kick like crazy!

I've decided to settle for naps with them. :-) LOL