Thursday, December 21, 2006

Alabama Adoption Final

Miss Alabama
Fun After Court
Proud Daddy
Proud parents, with Judge Day

We are finally through. After one year of having Brooke home we are finally through with the adoption process. Brooke's adoption was final when we left China. Living in Alabama we had to do a re-adoption to be able to get Brooke a Alabama birth certificate. We started the process a couple of months ago and things just went crazy. We had a really hard time with the probate Judge. Living in the county that we do, the judge wanted everything done "legal." The judge made us get a lawyer and he appointed Brooke a lawyer. (Guardian Ad Litem)
God blessed us in so many ways. I can't even begin to tell you how great God has been to us. One way that God blessed us, is through our attorney Jeff Dean. Jeff and his wife Kaye was a blessing to us. Kevin, knew Kaye from work. They was very good to us. We can never thank them enough for their kindness to us through this time.
The past few months have been a little hard trying to get things together for today.
Tuesday I had a nightmare come true. Brooke's attorney calls me at 4:00 in the afternoon and said he needed to come to our house. He does not say anything about coming to check on Brooke. He says " I need to come to your house tomorrow to see if your house is clean and suitable for a child" I literally about had a heart attack. I was in tears. Kevin had to work. I was up until 12:00 at night cleaning my house. My house was NOT dirty, but I did not know if this man was coming to check my closets or cabinets or what. When he did come, he only looked at Brooke and Courtney's room. He was a very nice man. When he started to leave he said " I hate that I had to come to your house, but that is just something we have to do. Oh by the way your house is really clean"
I was thinking "You only looked at two rooms and I was up all night making sure there was no dust anywhere."LOL
Anyway things went super today. Judge Day was very nice. We did not have a good experience with Judge Day a few months ago. He was really rude and ugly to us. Today he was a very kind man. He did not even seem like the same man, that we met months ago. It took us about 30 minutes today and everything was done. We don't have to deal with social workers, lawyers, or paperwork anymore. Brooke is our wonderful daughter that we love very much. Our social worker was great to work with. She became our friend. We had our last meeting with her, in November 2006.
I am so thankful for the blessing that God has gave us. We love both of our girls with all our heart. I am looking forward to another wonderful year with my children and wonderful husband.

6 comments:

BASF said...

Remember how God answered prayer for Sister Sylvia when she had someone who was being very difficult to deal with.

His attitude changed completely as well.

God is so good to us.

Kelly said...

How awesome that all that rigamarole is behind you! No more social workers! No more lawyers! No more paperwork! No more waiting! Woo hoo!

I couldn't be happier for you guys!

Brooke said...

Yay, Yay, Yay! That is a great feeling! ~

Sonya said...

WHOO HOOOO for you! All DONE! Congrats!!!

Pandamonium Mom said...

YEAH! Congratulations on being finished!!

Kristen said...

YAYY!!! congratulations!!