Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Gotcha Day 2nd post

Brooke's Cake

Giving her baby loving.
Cup and Panda gift.
Brooke loves her little Asian Doll we bought her.
Some of the Children that celebrated with us.
Brooke love this cup she got. It had pictures of her and some of her friends on it. She did not want to put the cup down. She was wanting to show everybody her cup.
This was suppose to be some type of cake that the people at the restaurant brought Brooke. It was onions, and peppers. It had cake in the middle of that. It then had brownies with sprinkles and jello on the side. Brooke ate some jello and I think brownie.

Brooke wanted to get into the cake really bad. She did lick some icing off. (SHHH)

Enjoying her noodles and rice.

One year ago today I walked into the civil Affairs Office in Chongqing China with 13 other families. We was all so excited because we was going to get to hold our babies for the first time. It was a wonderful day. One that I will never forget. I remember walking in and seeing Brooke sitting in a walker. I wanted to hold her then, but I had to wait. I thought she was so pretty. Even with a chapped little face, I thought she was a doll. When our name was called to get Brooke, I was so excited and happy. I did not care that her nose was running and that she was soaking wet. I held her, kissed her, and loved her. At first Brooke just looked at me I can't remember the exact moment she started crying. I know she was scared. I think Brooke knew that we was somebody special. She bonded right away with us. Once we had her back at the Hotel, and had all those thick clothes off of her, she was happy.
Today Brooke is full of life, happiness, laughter, and love. Yes, there is some days she is sad, when things don't go her way, but she quickly gets over it. She loves to sing and dance. She loves to gives kisses and hugs. She thinks her sister is the grandest in the world (besides me)
Brooke is still a mommy's girl. She loves her daddy also. Brooke is talking so much now.
We celebrated today at a Chinese restaurant. There was about 25 of our friends there celebrating with us. Brooke is loved by many people. God has blessed this little girl in so many ways. God has also blessed us, by allowing us to be Brookes forever family.
We love you Brooke. Happy Gotcha Day Sweetheart.
Mommy, Daddy, and Sissy.
I have so many more pictures I could post, but I am so tired. I am going to bed.

4 comments:

Ryan's Mimi said...

Can't believe a year has come and gone so quickly. We are so thankful and blessed that Brooke is part of our family. We love all of you!

Sonya said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL CAKE!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous cake! I love the pictures!

Ebbie Faith (Mei) said...

Congratulations on gotcha day!! Isn't it amazing! Your daughters are so beautiful and your family is so blessed. I love the video. The song is so appropriate. What is the name of it?
Congratulations
Ebbie's Mommy