Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sad Mommy and Little Girl

Last night was a really hard night for me. We made plans to go to the play "The Christmas Carol" My parents, and Kevin's mom wanted to go also. I had bought these tickets back in the summer. Since our parents was going with us, I did not have a babysitter for Brooke. I have never left her with anybody, but my mom or Kevin's mom. (That has not been much)
Brooke loves the Ary Children. (Brent, Brannon, and Brianna) We had went camping with them, and Brooke adored the children. I had also went to their house a few weeks ago and Brooke went right to Brent and did not want to come back to me. I thought it would be perfect for Brooke to stay with them. This child is to smart. I had ask her during the day if she wanted to go play with Brent and Brannon. Brooke said " NO" I did not say she was staying with them. I ask her several times during the day, and she always said "no" It was almost time to go and I told Brooke that she was going to get to go play with Brent, Brannon, and Briannna. Brooke looked at me and said " No" She then reached out her arms and hugged me and said "I stay mommy's house" I knew I was in trouble then. Sure enough, Brooke cried and did not want to stay. As soon as I pulled up at their house Brooke was clinging to me and saying "Mommy" I had to sit in the floor with her. She was not interested in playing. She knew something was not right. I finally had to just leave. I was about in tears myself. I called Cindy about 5 min after we left. She said that Brooke was not crying, that she was just saying Mommy, over and over. I felt sick for leaving her. I could not enjoy my food. To make matters worse once we got to the play these people walk in with a beautiful Chinese girl. She looked just like Brooke, except she was 3. I wanted to go get my baby so bad. I called Cindy during intermission to find out that Brooke had cried on and off. We enjoyed the play, but I don't think I can leave Brooke for a long time.
Kevin and I was acting like two kids when we got to Cindy's to pick Brooke up. Kevin had done said that he was going to hold Brooke first. I said I was. Of course Courtney said she was. I thought to myself "We will see about this" I was sitting in the back of our van with my mom. About the time we got to the Ary's house I slipped to the middle seat and was ducking behind Kevin's seat. I was ready to open the door and run to my baby. Kevin spotted me. He took his seat belt off and prepared to run. I quickly put his seat belt back on him, so he can't get out as fast as me. We was all laughing.
When we got to Cindy's I was out of the van first, but Kevin has longer legs than me so he beat me to the door. Brooke was asleep. We started talking to her. She looked so confused. Guess what ? I got to hold her first. LOL Of course she had wanted mommy all night.
We came home and I held Brooke for a long time. I rocked her to sleep and just held her for a little bit. We have a Christmas play tonight. Brooke is going with us. If I have to stand and hold her the whole time I will. I will not leave her. Last night was terrible for me. I was a sad mommy.

No comments: