Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Birthday

Today was my birthday, but it did not really seem like it. I got up this morning and went to Bible School. God blessed us and we had a good day. The children seemed to have a wonderful time and that made me happy to see them happy.
The teachers could feel Gods strength as we went through the day.
I came home from Bible School very tired. Kevin wanted to take me out for my birthday. I chose Mexican. It was very good. Kevin and Courtney did not like it at all.
My parents did not want to go which made me a little sad because they always do something for my birthday. I know they have been sad with the death of our friend so I tried not to be to sad that they did not want to go out for my birthday.
I came home from eating and got ready for the funeral. I hate that the funeral was on my birthday. I will be reminded of this the rest of my life when my birthday comes. I am trying so hard to think on the good times with Karen and the happy memories. I will never forget the good memories of this wonderful lady that I loved. She will be missed so much.
Even though this was not the best birthday, I have to say thanks to those who tried to make it special. Thanks Sis, Becky for the cake. Thanks Sis. Katie for the balloon. Thanks, Melanie for the sweet birthday post. Thanks to everybody that sent a birthday wish. Thanks to my wonderful husband and girls for the gift. Thanks to my Mother-n-law for the money and for going with me to eat chicken lasagna. Thanks mom and dad for the money.
Now I have to go give Brooke a bath and get ready for church. WOW this has been a busy birthday.
I don't want to fail to say "Thank you God for letting me live another year."

6 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

happy birthday Denna. I am so sorry for the death of your friend.

LucisMomma said...

Denna, I'm so sorry about your friend Karen.

It was lovely to hear that the teachers at Bible school could feel the power of God, though--what a great thing!

Happy birthday...and Rosie's twice in two weeks? Wow! Fun. I'll have to try that lasagna.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Denna! I love Mexican food!

I'm sorry for the loss of your family friend.

A Crystal Garden said...

Hi Denna, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Happy belated birthday. Mine is today and can't say it feels much like a birthday either. On top of that it is the big 40! We had a little party at my mom's on Monday but so far today not one happy birthday wish from anyone. :o(

Ooh, I take that back, I got a cute little ecard from my cousin.

Shari said...

Happy Birthday. It's hard when something difficult happens on a special day. In future years though you can always reflect on your friend on your birthday and you'll certainly never forget her. Now you can celebrate both her life and yours on your birthday.
Sharie

Omaloriann said...

I'm so sorry you had a downside to your supposed to be happy day. May the next one be doubly happy for you. I'm glad God is in control of things & is blessing your bible school this year - I know it has to be hard on all of you. We miss her terribly.