Tuesday, October 03, 2006

One Year Ago Today

Looking at her referral Picture

This is Me. (Look how I have changed)
Referral Day
One year ago today I got to see my youngest child's picture for the first time. I thought she was so beautiful. I will never forget that day. My mom, and friend, Diane, came down to help us try and relax. We tried to play some games, but I could not concentrate. Every time the phone would ring my heart would stop. My Feb. Yahoo group decided to pass the time by chatting.(Not a chat room like you are thinking. Only our group could chat) We all decided that the first one who got the call would do some weird type. (kdfhkjhjdh) We knew that referrals was coming and we all wanted to see our daughters. Kevin had our camcorder set up to tape when we did get the call. It did not work. I think we was all so excited that we hit the wrong button. I remember when the calls started coming. I wanted my phone to ring so bad. When the phone did ring, and we saw Texas on the caller ID, we knew it was the moment.
Chrissa from HFS called me. She said "you have a beautiful daughter" I can barely remember writing stuff down. I ask if she had much hair. Krissa said " Well her hair has been shaved" I was thinking Beautiful, but shaved? I guess she knew what I was thinking because she said " She is beautiful though." She then told me why they shave their hair. After I finally got everything wrote down we all was shaking and ready to see her picture. Krissa sent the picture. We decided that Kevin, Courtney, and I would look first. The computer would not let us open the attatchment. I was in tears. I wanted to see my baby. Kevin sent them to his work and he logged into his email from our house. The pictures was there. We counted to three and opened our eyes. I saw the most beautiful baby in the world. We was crying and hugging and squealing. I have never seen Kevin smile so Big. You should see our video. You would think we was all crazy. My mom and Diane was crying to. All the months that I had waited, all the months that things did not go the way I wanted, all the months of paperwork, and paperwork not being sent on time, all the months that I cried and longed to hold my baby, see my baby, It was over. Looking at the beautiful face it was worth everything I went through. The month before I missed the cut off date by one day. I am so glad I was not with that group of referrals. I would have missed a jewel. Brooke has been such a blessing to us. She has been in our life for 10 months, but in our hearts all her life. Our referral Day was so wonderful. Looking at Brooke then and now she has really changed. She was beautiful, even without much hair. We love you very much Brookie.
Mommy, Daddy, and Court.

6 comments:

Denna said...

I found my announcement from our referral day.
It is with great joy and praise that we announce our new daughter and sister!!! We got the call at 1:03 PM
Isn't she beautiful.
Chinese name: Qian Wen Bo
Birthday: 1/30/05
Weight: 13.2 pounds
Province: Chongqing

AlabamaBrands said...

I'm so glad you shared those happy moments!!
Brooke is VERY beautiful!!
I'm still so happy for you!

Rebekah said...

That was such a sweet post...I remember checking your website often to find out if you had got you referral or not.

Also, thanks for your prayers...my mom is feeling much better!!

Anonymous said...

I will never forget that day it was the longest day of my life or one of the longest,,,,but it was worth the wait and yes she is beautiful also is Courtney.. I love you all////Mom

Becky said...

What a wonderful post! I remember chatting that morning and it is one I will always cherish. I might have had my referral but seeing all of the 2/28ers and early Marchers was awesome!

Becky (Feb Lovebug)

Omaloriann said...

Thajks for sharing those precious moments with us. She is a beautiful little girl & so thankful God blessed you all.