Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Brooke's New Bed

When Brooke First saw her bed.

The First thing she did, after she saw the bed.
All Smiles
Princess Bed


New Princess Table and Chairs.

We bought Brooke a Toddler Bed. Brooke was so excited when we showed her the bed in the store. We was planning on putting Brooke in a Toddler bed when she reached two, but that changed. I have a Twin Size canopy bed for her, but I thought it was to high off the ground for her age. On our trip we put her in a pack and play and told her that was her bed and she had to sleep in it. She was so excited and went right in the pack and play and done very good. She done so good that we thought we would go ahead and try the bed. In the store she would hug the box and say "Bed" She was so excited. Kevin put the bed together. We made Courtney play with Brooke while we set the bed up in Brooke's room. When Brooke walked in and saw the bed she was full of smiles. She ran and jumped on the bed and hugged the bed. It was so sweet.
The final test came when it was bed time. I rocked Brooke and gave her a bottle.(She only has one bottle, which is at bedtime) Brooke did not finish the bottle and she did not want me to rock her. I ask her if she wanted to go to her big bed. She jumped out of my lap and ran to her bed. :( My baby did not want to be rocked. :(
Brooke got in the bed and went to sleep. It was not a good night though. She woke us up a dozen times crying and not sleeping well. I hope I have not made a mistake by putting her in a new bed to soon. I used the same mattress, but I took the soft mattress pad off. I put it back on today, so we will see what happens tonight.

4 comments:

Just Me said...

So Cute! Now you need that rug back that you sold me! :)

AlabamaBrands said...

How wonderful and how sad (she's growing up).
She's not too youngt for a toddler bed. Matthew was in one at 10 months to make room for Ashley when she was norn a couple months later.

I'm thinking of getting Sadie one soon, but I'm afraid of her freedom! I guess we'll see.

Denna said...

Yes, Jaylene that would look good.
Heather, That is the only thing I hate. She has freedom. LOL
It was so easy to put her in her bed while I got a shower or ran to the mailbox.

Kelly said...

I agree with Heather. Asher's only 17 months old, and he's on the bottom bunk now. Not as high as a regular bed, but not as low as a toddler. He's been doing great with it, and I'm sure Brooke will do fine too!

But I WOULD put that mattress pad back on....it'll make it softer.

And BTW, the freedom thing is a bit of a pain, but we laid down the law from the first, and now he doesn't even try it ;)