Thursday, October 05, 2006

One of THOSE Days.

I have to say if you don't like gross stuff then stop reading this right now. This was a terrible afternoon. I feel like this is a Tammy or Kelly day. For those who don't know Tammy and Kelly they have some stories that is to funny.
I decided to go to Town to run a few errands. I was going to take the girls to McDonald, but Courtney wanted something different. So we go to this little country place, with country cooking.
Brooke was terrible. She was throwing food. (She never does that) She would throw a green bean and I would tell her "No throwing" So she decides it is more fun to play in the corn. She takes her spoon and hits the bowl of corn. Of course corn goes everywhere. I am trying to get her to stop, and she then starts laughing and grabbing Courtney's Fries. I did not mind her having Courtney's fries, but she wanted to throw them also. I think I finally ate my sandwich, but I am not for sure how it taste. I think it was good. I don't think it had a hair on it, or a bug in it. LOL I really had no time to look at the sandwich.
Ready for the gross part? Well Brooke poops in her diaper, so I go to change her. This place had no changing table. It did have a long bar with a sink. I decided to change her on that. I put towels down and look for a plastic bag to put the diaper in. I did not have one. I did not want to leave this poopy diaper in the garbage not tied up. I decided it was not to bad of a diaper so I would just empty the diaper in the toilet and then throw the diaper away. In the process of trying not to let Brooke's bottom touch the bar and trying to get a fresh diaper on her, the dirty diaper fail on the floor. The contents in the diaper went on the floor. I am trying to get that cleaned up, and wanting so bad to just get out of this little country bathroom. If you remember I had just ate and I really felt like I was going to loose everything I just ate. I finally get out of the restaurant. I then have to take a shirt back that I had bought Kevin. I go to the register and tell them what is wrong with the shirt. The lady is all nice and starts to ring up my refund. She then says' This shirt did not come from here" I was so embarrassed. I had purchased a shirt at Peebles, but the shirt I was bringing back was from Goodys.
We then go by Wal-Mart because I need to purchase a mop, because mine broke. I am looking at some Hamburger Helper with Courtney beside me and Brooke in the buggy. I get a few hamburger helpers and turn around and Courtney is gone. I don't panic at first. I figured she is on the next isle. I go to the next, and the next, and the next. I turn the buggy around and go back down the isle looking both ways. This is not like Courtney to just vanish. She usually will say "I am going to the next isle" I start to panic. My adrenaline is pumping and I am shaking. I had this terrible fear come on me. I was practically running to the front. I knew if somebody had got her she could scream and somebody would hear her. The fear was out weighing my positive thinking. I go to the service desk and the line is so long. I run to another register and tell this lady that I have lost my child could she please page her. The lady pages for Courtney and I am searching the doors. I then see Courtney coming up toward register 6 with this big grin on her face. (IT WAS NOT THE TIME TO BE GRINNING) I said " where have you been?" Courtney says " I went to get you a mop" My hands was shaking and I was so upset with her for scaring me like that. I could not even finish shopping. My hands was shaking so bad. I think they shook for 30 minutes, and I am not joking.
My mom wanted me to stop and get her some bread that was on sale. I had used my last check at Wal-mart. I knew I had some money in my billfold, so I stopped and got a few things. I go to the register and the lady said $5.75 I found the five, but not the 75 cents. I tell the lady to take one of the breads off. I am trying to figure out where this other money went. The lady takes the bread back, and I then find the $10.00, that I knew was there. I was so ready to get home.
I finally get home. That is my day. I don't want another one like it.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, yuck, Denna. That's a horrible day!

I guess that just means that tomorrow will be wonderful, right? :)

AlabamaBrands said...

I'm sorry.
I know how you feel.
I once said that's why we are called stay-at-home moms!!

Lisa said...

Hey don't feel bad we ALL have days when we just want to go home and crawl under our bed for a little while! But I have to amitt
that the part about the diaper was pretty funny! Stay encouraged you have some beauitful girls:]

reber said...

I was expecting you to say that after all the running around you realized that poop had splashed on your skirt or something. Get use to these days before long you will learn to laugh it off.

Brooke said...

HAHA! Bless your heart! I knew just how you were feeling. At least you didn't turn around and Brooke fell off of the sink or was playing in the pot. =D It sounded like one of those days when ANYTHING could happen. HAHA!! ~

Omaloriann said...

How terrible for you!
Big Hugz.....by the way, what did we do for entertainment before children, huh? Cheer up - it will probably happen again, just in a different way! :-)