Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Treasures

Looking in their Treasure Box
Holding some coupons up.
Holding bug Catchers up.
Summer Treasures
Some of their treasures.
Courtney and Brooke finding their Treasure Box.

I wanted to do something fun for the girls this summer. I came up with Summer Treasures. I think I will start doing this every summer. I found these treasure boxes and I filled them with fun things to do this summer. I told the girls they could not take everything out at once. There is plenty of fun things to do. Once everything is gone I might feel the boxes again and try doing a treasure box on chore and behavior charts. I am not for sure how I will do that. I did this with Courtney when she was younger and we had mommy bucks. The only thing it was little red, blue, yellow, and green coins. If she had so many coins at the end of the week she got a surprise. I will work on that and maybe try it when school starts. For now, I just want the girls to enjoy their Summer Treasures.
They was so happy when they opened the boxes this morning. Courtney was squealing over the coupons I made for mommy time and a play date with friends. Brooke was excited about her ice cream coupon and her paint. She is ready to paint now. I let them choose two things out of the box today. They both chose their bug catcher and paint.

6 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

marvelous idea!!~~

JinXiu said...

what a great idea

you are so clever

AlabamaBrands said...

Fun!Fun! Good idea :)

Tina said...

Oh what a gret idea! What a fun mom you are!!!

Melanie said...

wow Denna that was a great idea!!!!
The girls will have lots of fun this summer :)

LucisMomma said...

you have such good ideas! That looks like a lot of fun.