Monday, June 09, 2008

God is So Good

God has been so good to us this weekend. I have to share a few things that has happened.

Courtney is very good about keeping up with her Library books. For some reason this week she lost one. We searched the house and could not find it. We searched our vehicles and could not find it. Courtney wanted me to pray. I prayed and asked God to please help us find it.

After much searching we finally decided that we would have to pay for the book.

I had bought Kevin some pants at Goodys. I went to take the pants out of the bag and there was the Library book and a brush. For some reason the book got put in this bag. I am so thankful that God helped us to find it before we went to pay for it.



The other thing is a great blessing. I was on my way to church last night, when I had something terrible happen. The air was blowing through my vents and something blew in my eye. I wear gas permeable lens and I can not see with out my contacts or glasses. I pulled into this drive way and I popped the contact out. When I tried to put it back in the contact fell between my seat and the console. I could not see. I did not have my cell phone. I sent Courtney up to the people's trailer to ask if she could use their phone to call her dad. The people was not at home.

I could not see to find the contact or to drive. My house was like a mile away and I decided surely I could make it that far. I told the children I was going to drive very slow and if they saw a dog, car, or person to let me know. God helped me to make it home.

Courtney got my glasses and we searched for the contact. It was no where to be found. It is very hard to find something that is smaller than a dime and that is barely tinted.

I knew that now was not a good time to have lost the contact. The type I have to wear is not cheap. We are suppose to go on vacation this week, and that was making me sad to know I had to wear my glasses that I can't see to well out of.

I got to church and could not concentrate because I really needed to find the contact.

I was praying that God would help me find the contact. I knew that it would take God to help me find something that small.

Kevin told me he was going to go check and see if he could find it.

It was almost like something told me to go check one more time. When I got to our vehicle Kevin said, " We might as well forget it. There is no way we can find it without a bright light, and even then I don't think we can."

Kevin went back into church. I was praying for God to help me. I knew that God knew where the contact was.

I put my hand under my seat and felt. I found paper, little rocks and some more stuff. I ran my hand slowly back and forth and I felt something that felt like my contact. I grabbed it and brough it out. IT WAS MY CONTACT. I was smiling, rejoicing and praising God for directing my hand on where it was at. I know God did that for me. I have had a contact lost in a car before and it was never found. I appreciate that God took time for us this weekend and helped us in both situations.

6 comments:

BASF said...

Until you know for sure that God has helped you find something, you can never know how much it increases your faith that God cares about the smallest details of our life.

I still remember the way He impressed on me to go check out a box on the patio-- that I would never have even considered looking in-- to find my checkcard and drivers' license.

LucisMomma said...

That is wonderful, Denna! Nothing is too small for our big God!

have fun camping! I hope you stay cool enough!

Omaloriann said...

Praise God for both of these blessings. I hate it when I lose something & can't find it - drives me nutz until I do!

Anonymous said...

This was a wonderful post.

You have a beautiful family!!!

Blessings,

Krista

mommy24treasures said...

oh I love your praise filled post!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your comments and ideas!!!

Have a blessed day,

krista