Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I know that things can happen very fast. I guess sometimes it is hard to imagine how fast. Brooke saw something today that I don't know if it was good for her or not. I hate that it happened, but maybe it will help Brooke.
My neighbor got a kitten yesterday. It was not real little, but it was not full grown either.
Our cats go across the road all the time. They go to my neighbors house and play with her cats or get fed by her. This lady loves cats. I think she has 10 in the house. She will take any cat that is in need. She has a real love for these cats.
She had found this kitten yesterday and she was giving it a new home. Kevin, Brooke, and I was outside. Kevin said. "That little kitty is following Morris." I turned to look and I saw a car go flying by. The next thing I saw was this kitty bouncing all over the road. It was a pretty gruesome thing to see. My heart sank, because there was nothing I could do. The kitty died.
This situation made me weak. I tried to explain to Brooke that we never go near the road. I told her that even if her ball rolled into the road, not to go after it. Brooke has never got near the road unless we are with her, but I hope this will be a lesson to her not to ever go near the road.
This situation showed me how fast something can happen. This beautiful little kitty was rubbing up against our cat, and was looking up at Morris so sweet. The kitty did not know the danger of being in the road. The kitty did not know that in one second her life would be over.

I thought about this a good bit and it makes me realize even more that we have to be careful in our walk with God. We can not get to careless and start letting things creep into our life that will cause us to stumble or fall. Seeing how quick the cat died, made me think of the devil. The devil will tempt us and try to bring things against us to cause us to sin. The devil is a real conman. He will paint us these pretty pictures and make things look so appealing. We have to resist and fight to stay saved. If we give the devil a inch he will take a mile and just in the blink of a eye our life could be ruined.
One thing I have learned about the devil is that he never gives up on us. If the devil can not get us in one area he will bring something else up against us.
Many times it is these mind battles that we have to resist more than anything. When the devil is tempting us and trying to cause us to fall he does not show the other side of the picture. His picture that he paints will be beautiful, but it is the end results that the devil don't show us.
The devil don't show you the bitterness, sorrow, trouble, and strife. The devil don't show you the nights that you lay in your bed with no peace. The devil don't show you the many things that sin will bring.
We have to walk very careful and keep in mind that danger could just be around the corner if we are not careful.
The situation with the kitty made me realize how fast things could happen. I tried to explain to Brooke about the road and how careful we have to be. I was only doing this post about that, but then I then started thinking on the spiritual part of life and God just gave me some thoughts on how careful we have to be with our salvation.

3 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

what a wonderful thought provoking post Denna.

Melanie said...

Awwww poor kitty. Poor Brooke that she had to see that, maybe she won't cross the road alone then.

LucisMomma said...

Denna, that is a great post, and so clear on being careful in our walk in this life.

We live on a road where people fly by, it is scary sometimes and it sounds liek you have to watch like a hawk when your kids are outside--just like we do.