Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sick Brooke

Many people from our church went to Florida for a Church Campmeeting. Many of them brought back a virus. Kevin's mom got sick on Sunday night. Brooke was around her Sunday Evening.
Tonight at Church Brooke had to go potty. As soon as she went to potty I thought she might be getting this virus. Sure enough Brooke has it. I had to leave church because Brooke had a accident.
She was so upset. Brooke has been potty trained for over a year now, and this made Brooke mad and sad. I told her that she could not help it that a virus will effect you like that.
When I got home I found some pull ups that I had kept just in case I ever needed them. Brooke did not like that at all. She was crying and wanting her daddy. She said "I not wear diapers no more." I told her that she was a big girl and that these was just to help in case she could not make it to the potty. After several trips to the bathroom she decided that the pull up was not to bad. LOL
I can't help but laugh at her. She will jump up and say "Mom I got that virus again." She will run to the potty. So far she has not had any more accidents.
She is so funny. She keeps asking me if I have the virus. Then she will say, " Does Mama have the virus?" I don't know if she really understands what is happening to her.
I just hope and pray that this don't go through the whole family and that Brooke is better tomorrow.

5 comments:

BASF said...

The more I read about this little girl the more convinced I become that God heard our prayers when we were asking Him to give you just the right little girl. Out of all those that could have been the one, how could you have been given one that would be more of a joy to us all than Brooke has been. And I'm so happy that you take time to share your "two little darlings" with us.

AlabamaBrands said...

maybe she wants to know if you'll be wearing the pullups next!

Denna said...

Funny Heather. I probably did not need to put one on her, but I was afraid she could not make it to the potty.

Kelly said...

Thankfully, not everyone is getting it. We stayed with a family that had it BAD, but we got barely anything. Maybe one quick trip to the bathroom for 3 out of 7 of us. Different things affect different people differently. Some people can be carriers and not have any symptoms at all! But then their friends get it....

The nature of our world I guess.

Glad she didn't get the worst of it like Bro Vern did.

JinXiu said...

SO SOORY TO HEAR THAT BRROK WAS SICK, BUT I LOVE THE STORY.

WISH HER THE BEST FROM US