Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Last Homestudy

We had our last one today. YEA:)
I am so glad to be through with this. Things went great. At first Brooke was being a touch me not. She did not want our social worker to touch her or her toys. Everything was "NO" I felt embarrassed. I was hoping our Social worker could see Brooke's good side. We made the mistake of having the meeting at nap time. That did not help matters. We wanted Brooke to talk, and she just did not want to cooperate.
Then she opened up and started talking and being a mess. She gave our social worker a hug and a kiss. My social worker was impressed at how well Brooke was doing.
I am glad it is over, but I feel sad also. We made a friend with our social worker. She was wonderful to work with. Courtney adores her. Hopefully we can still send her pictures from time to time.
Our social worker was the best. I can remember the first time she came to our house. We had heard all these horror stories about how Social Workers looked in your refrigerators, and cabinets. Our refrigerator and cabinets got the best cleaning they ever got. We was scared to death on our first visit. Looking back now it is funny. We told our social worker what we had heard and she laughed. She said that they don't do that in a adoption case. The only reason they would do that is if DHR was involved and they had to make sure you had food and things like that. We found out that our social worker was not a bear, but a very sweet lady. Courtney loved her from day one.
We had to have two post placement visit after we brought Brooke home. This was our last. I have to say it was not near as stressful as the one we had 2 years ago.
We have one last step in the adoption and everything will be normal. We have a court date in December for a re-adoption. The only reason we have to do this is to get Brooke a birth certificate. I am glad we are almost through.

No comments: