Thursday, November 09, 2006

Brooke Update

Brooke laughing at her doll.
"This is the outfit I wanted, mommy"
My little girl is growing up to fast. This morning I was going to get her dressed. She kept saying "no, no" She did not want to wear the outfit I had picked out. She wanted to wear the outfit you see in the picture. The other outfit was a cute outfit from Children's Place. Brooke took it off as soon as I put it on her. I finally figured out why she was crying and saying 'no". She wanted to wear the brown outfit. I put it on her and she was as happy as can be. I did not go through this with Courtney when she was one. I guess it is O.K to let them choose what they want, but I always thought that was when they was older than 21 months. This child loves clothes. She is always prancing around in her clothes. When I get her dressed she runs to her daddy to show him her outfit. Kevin always makes a big deal with her. He will say " Oh what a pretty outfit. Let me give you a hug in that" Brooke smiles and gives her daddy a hug.
Kevin always did that with Courtney to. (Still does)
Brooke is talking a good bit now. She will repeat anything you say. Courtney and Brooke was fussing over something the other day. Brooke is very strong willed. If she thinks it is hers, then you best not try to take it from her. Brooke and Courtney was fussing over something that was Courtney's. Well Brooke was pulling on it and she slipped and fell. Courtney said " Ha ha ha" Brooke looked at her and said " Ha ha ha"
My sister came up for a visit, and her son was being a pill. My sister was pointing her finger at him and telling him that he better straighten up. Miss Brooke goes over to the scene and she squats down, points her finger, and has a very serious look on her face. We was about to roll in the floor from laughing at her.
I guess one of my favorite things to hear Brooke say is " I luv u" My heart melts to hear her say that. Brooke will get her doll and give it a kiss and say "Nite nite. love u" Brooke then goes and gets her doll a shirt to hold. I have to share my shirts with Brooke and her dolls. I always wanted Brooke to have a cute, pink blanket for her security. That did not work. It has to be one of my shirts. ( At least it is not a certain shirt. As long as it is a T-shirt type) She also has to have a passey. I dread when we take that from her.
Things are going well. Brooke has brought us som much joy and laughter.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

She's such a pretty little girl!

AlabamaBrands said...

Brook is too cute in these!!
I can't wait til Sadie can say "I love you".
Sadie has that same outfit but it's pants. She won't fit in it any longer. How 'bout a matching outfit photo session ?